Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Weld -Tron
- - By louieRD (**) Date 12-21-2008 20:41
Has anyone heard of this brand? does anyone know what quaity and durability these products are?
Parent - - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 12-21-2008 21:32
i think they are reliable but check on the prices...what parts are you looking for...idle control?
Parent - - By louieRD (**) Date 12-22-2008 12:31
yes ,im reduilding an older machine and im deciding who to go through for parts and upgrades
Parent - - By 4JWelding (**) Date 12-22-2008 18:49
I had one of the weld-tron's on my 61 model.  It did work okay but if you ever adjust or unhook the linkage from the cylinoid to the carb your in trouble.  Unless you are the one who installed it or can take it back to the person that installed it won't engage again.  I took mine to Bill's and had Kaye and the gang install a new OEM setup on mine.
Parent - - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 12-22-2008 21:30
I AGREE, KAY IS A SURE BET. SHE CAN SELL IT, INSTALL IT, AND SERVICE IT TOO...YA CANT GO WRONG WITH BILLSWELDERREPAIR.
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 12-23-2008 03:01
Is this the same weldtron out of Alice, Texas that sells the little cube remote? Love the remote!
Parent - By pipehead (***) Date 12-23-2008 06:33
I have never used any of there products on older machines.... But I have bout a few of their pc boards with the CUBE remote as rick calls it.
I have used them on a few 300D's and I love them.... they seem to have a good product only thing I can say is make sure to take time to install it right or have it done, if not it can come back to give you trouble.

Also if you have it installed have who ever installed explain it to you...... because these remotes are a little more complicated.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Weld -Tron