Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Goose hunting in the Midwest
- - By BryonLewis (****) Date 12-22-2008 16:57
Although I have never goose hunted, I would like to one day.  But I have too many kids and the youngest one wouldn't allow it.  I took her and my 11 year old fishing last summer.  I caught a keeper catfish and the 7 year old started to cry.  I asked her what the hell is she crying about.  She said, "the fish needed to be thrown back because it has a family." 
"Are you fuc*ing kidding me," I said.
She continued to cry.  So being the spoiled daddy's girl that she is, I through it back.  A little later I caught another one smaller than the first.  That one, ironically enough, "didn't have a family" so we could keep it.  I eventually through it back before we left.  I'm not gonna waste time with one barely legal fish. 

Anyway, that is the background why I can't hunt. 

Let me get to the main point.  It is colder than a witch's tit here in Kansas City and I still see these dumb arse geese flying around.  Some seem to be flying north.  It is my opinion that the goose season should be extended and be mandatory.  ALL geese that is still lingering around when it is this cold should be shot on site.  It doesn't matter if they are in the city, on a pond or what.  They apparently are retarded, lost or just stupid. 

They should, by nature be in Mexico for the winter.  Hanging out and having sex.  If I could fly to Mexico to get away from the cold, without paying for it or needing a passport, I too would be there.  I damn sure wouldn't be here with a -10 wind chill. 

These geese are deficient in some way and must be exterminated.
That is all!!!  :-)
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 12-22-2008 20:26 Edited 12-23-2008 15:27
Boomerang time.
Parent - By OBrien (***) Date 12-22-2008 22:34
Shoot all of them.  I won't tell as long as some meat shows up on my doorstep.  lol
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 12-23-2008 03:54
     Those geese are "local" geese who have decided that there is enough water and food there that they can stay. Any that are stupid enough to let You get close enough to hit them with Your boomerang deserve to die.
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 12-23-2008 06:19
Nice :-)
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 12-23-2008 14:16
BWAAHAHAHA!!! Dave beat me to it Bryon. :-) Your going to hear about that boomerang for a long, long time. But hey, a Christmas goose is a Christmas goose, no matter how you kill it.

Merry Christmas buddy.

jrw159
Parent - By bbwinc (**) Date 12-23-2008 04:17
In Minnesota DNR found a swaun walking south down a county road. It had a broken wing, DNR said it had walked around 6 miles befor they picked it up. He was on a mission to head south, come hell or high water. Thought that was kind of funny after readin ur post.
Parent - - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 12-23-2008 16:45
Byron

It is better to have sons!  Think about that lucky catfish family, now that Christmas is here!   I'll bet that whole catfish family went to church that Sunday to give thanks for your kind-heartedness.

Years ago, I visited the Viet Nam Veterans Memorial in the Washington DC Mall.  Suddenly, the geese took off using the Mall like a long runway.  As they flew over the Wall (The Black Gash in the Ground) they bombed us with goose berries.

I am all for extermination of those illegal immigrant, non-migrating geese.  However, up here in Long Island, we are told that they all have worms and parasites.  You shouldn't let your dog eat what they catch!  I guess humans shouldn't eat them either!

Joe Kane
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 12-23-2008 19:20
I would like to say thanks to every one that replied to my rant except the following people:  John, Joseph, Dave and johnny.

No just kidding guys. :-)

You guys have a Merry one.
Parent - - By makeithot (***) Date 12-24-2008 02:39
Geese won't fly as long as they have open water and feed. Thats why their still there. Good eat'en if it's grain. Merry Xmas.
Parent - - By RioCampo (***) Date 12-24-2008 02:53
How many geese have you guys eaten. The geese that I have eaten taste more like the 2 lbs of you know what from the other post about drinking water. Hope they taste better in your neck of the woods.
Parent - By makeithot (***) Date 12-24-2008 18:20
I try and pick the ones that are or have been eating grain other wise I'm in agreement they don't taste good at all.
Parent - By ironsport (*) Date 12-26-2008 23:49
cant beat goose steaks on the grill
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 12-29-2008 19:11
The geese that do not fly south are a man made problem, i have heard a few reasons for this.....
1. an enviromentalist began collecting eggs because of the dwindling amout of these migrating geese, but the ones born in captivity were never shown how to fly south therfore are here year round and thriving.
2 live geese were used as decoys and same as above never learned how to fly south.
Parent - - By hogan (****) Date 12-29-2008 19:24
So I was wondering if things such as railroad lines/pipelines (or long stretches of ferromagnetic material) cause problems with bird migration, due to the magnetic fields they produce.
Parent - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 12-29-2008 19:45
actualy i just read that some geese do get confused by new roads and structures.
MDK
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-24-2008 22:24
I agree show us some pics of you killing them with your boomarang use the heat seeking 1 it'll be easier lol
Parent - - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 12-24-2008 23:32
bryon ,
i live 5 hr from you! plenty of geese here in oklahoma to shoot. all the farmers say to shoot the SOB's. i will take you if you want to go.....no charge.
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 12-25-2008 00:17
Thanks, I might have to make it down there one of these days.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Goose hunting in the Midwest