Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Jervis inlet pictures
- - By makeithot (***) Date 12-25-2008 22:30 Edited 12-25-2008 22:41
Hoping to fiqure out this picture thing. Figured out the posting part how do you resize the pictures so they fit?
Attachment: goinghome.JPG (158k)
Parent - - By makeithot (***) Date 12-25-2008 22:56
Wow I think I got it only took me a year to figure out.
Attachment: RKatwork.JPG (0B)
Attachment: officemezzenine.JPG (0B)
Attachment: chianinspection.JPG (0B)
Parent - - By Tamper (**) Date 12-26-2008 15:11
Cool pics, are you an underwater welder?
Parent - By makeithot (***) Date 12-26-2008 18:04
Yes I am, though most of the local work does not involve to much wet welding and lately all the diving work has just been inspection service, I gave up some of the overseas work to stay home for awhile and have found that I can make more money with a couple welding rigs then I can working as a diver/welder, having been around the world three times already I enjoy my own backyard more then  living out of a gear bag and a suitcase. I do love the work though and if I was to miss anything it would be the people you meet. 
Parent - - By PipeIt (**) Date 12-26-2008 17:31
what part of the county is this in?
Parent - - By makeithot (***) Date 12-26-2008 18:10
Jervis Inlet is just north Of the Sechelt Penninsula and the skookumchuk Narrows in British Columbia, Canada and I feel it is one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Parent - - By ablake32 (*) Date 12-26-2008 19:43
I am surprised to hear that you can make more money running a couple rigs than by welding\inspecting underwater.  Anyhow that pic entitled "going home" is truly a fantastic shot. Thanx for those photos.
Parent - By makeithot (***) Date 12-26-2008 22:38
Take the Gulf as an example starting wage as a diver is only 15-18 dollars an hour even without a rig you can double that as a welder. Thats not to say that the pay isn't better else where, but after one spends the money you have to too go to diving school you would think the rates would be higher for the risk involved out of a class of 23 only 5 of us broke in to the industry, two we're killed in the 1st year, the third killed in the 2nd that leaves me and and my buddy Don that can still tell a good sea story, The story of the bags of money that diver/welders make is just that a story, not to say I did'nt make some good coin now and then but in fact that is not the norm unless you go into sat which is another story altogether. Diving for me was never about the money thats why I stayed with it. It was the challenge and satisfaction of doing what most guys can't do on agood day when you can see never mind black water. Oh ya and the chicks dig ya.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Jervis inlet pictures