Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Well we had a little bit of snow for the holidays.........
- - By aevald (*****) Date 12-27-2008 00:58
Hello everyone, I imagine there are plenty of you out there that had similar weather. We normally don't get this much snow at this time of the year so I thought I'd share a few sights here. Best regards, Allan
Parent - - By OBrien (***) Date 12-27-2008 01:23
Those are beatutiful pictures man.  Are those elk?
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 12-27-2008 01:57
Hello Andrew, they are indeed, there is a herd of about 30 head or so that run around near our home. Don't usually see them in our field, but they were probably heading down to the creek that runs behind our house. I do love to watch them, used to hunt them too, but I probably couldn't bring myself to shoot them so near the house and likely the neighbors wouldn't appreciate it much either. Best regards, Allan
Parent - By OBrien (***) Date 12-27-2008 03:05
Always wanted to see them in real life.  Being from maine it means I got to go a ways away from home to see one.  Well atleast you had a white christmas.
Parent - - By up-ten (***) Date 12-27-2008 04:19
Very picturesque Allen. Do the county plows get out to your road soon enough? With that accumulation on the cars I'd say you'd be housebound a day or two.
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 12-27-2008 04:33
Hello Bob, the plows do manage to get out here quick enough, yet I also have a considerably lengthy driveway so the 2-wheel drives stay parked and the 4-wheel drives get put into action. One of my sons is a pretty serious 4-wheeler so we have a couple of vehicles that could probably pull the house off it's foundation. Dog-gone-it... I guess I don't have any excuses for not going to work.
     The really suprising thing is that we are only at an elevation of 700 feet or so and we had a total accumulation of close to 3 feet in the course of about 2 weeks. It's starting to ease up a bit as of today. Best regards, Allan
Parent - - By up-ten (***) Date 12-27-2008 04:42
Hey back atcha Allen. Want to hear something crazy? I'd take that near 3ft of snow in exchange for this -27F temps we've been getting. That was the one day but we've been in this cold weather too long and I've been wanting to get at stuff on my rig before heading back out Jan.4. But it's sure been a crazy winter this year.
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 12-27-2008 04:58
I follow what you're saying Bob, our temps haven't been near that cold, about 11F or so for the coldest. -27F....... Brrrrrrrrrrrrr, no I don't think I'll trade and yes it has certainly been a crazy winter so far......... Hope it does warm up for you some real soon. Best regards, Allan
Parent - By up-ten (***) Date 12-27-2008 05:09
It was so brrrrrrrr that -27 day that buddy's Makita grinders would even turn. My DeWalts worked but the power cord broke when I unwrapped it that morning.
Parent - - By Brian T. Beard (**) Date 12-28-2008 05:44
Hey Allen, We have about 4 feet on the ground here in Eastern Wash. and more everyday. Hope you stay warm and Happy Holidays
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 12-28-2008 07:34
That's why I no longer live in western NY, that darn white stuff. Get a dusting now and again here in Tn, 6" down here and the people come unglued raiding grocery stores for milk and bread!! Nice pics though, nice to look at in pictures, just don't miss it in real life.
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 12-29-2008 04:18
Hello Brian, I heard that you guys were getting pelted up that way, certainly don't envy you for that. Ours is starting to melt off now. Best of the holidays to you folks too. Best regards, Allan
Parent - - By makeithot (***) Date 12-29-2008 02:03
Found some elk to go with your elk Allan sorry no snow in these shots wrong time of year. Picture was taken in Jasper Park just over the B.C - Alberta border so wasn't able to put one in the truck.
Attachment: elk1.JPG (0B)
Attachment: elk2.JPG (0B)
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 12-29-2008 04:19
Great pics Richard, sorry you couldn't put one in the truck either! See you definitely have some snow too. Best regards, Allan
Parent - By bozaktwo1 (***) Date 12-28-2008 13:59
Nice!  All my friends in Kitsap are snowed under.  I lived up there for 12 years, and the most I ever saw was the winter of 94-95, I believe. 
Parent - By makeithot (***) Date 12-28-2008 18:08
It is a regular winter wonder land everywhere this year keep waking up to the stuff brrr, Best of the season to you and yours Allan.
Attachment: moresnow1.JPG (0B)
Attachment: moresnow2.JPG (0B)
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 12-28-2008 18:14
Couple feet here on the western slope this week. Plow, plow plow, all the live long day.............
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 12-29-2008 04:21
Hey Sourdough, at least it gives you something to do, right? Hope things will start getting busier for you soon. Work to do, money to be made. Best regards, Allan
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 12-29-2008 17:12
Thanks Allen.

Yeah it puts a few bones in the pocket, but I would rather be sparcin and arcin all the live long day. Been building cattle guards with this old drill pipe in the hopes that I will find a place for them. I was supposed to haul a load down to Texas for Phaux, but the weather hasn't let me do much. We're finally getting a blue sky today, but it's supposed to storm again towards the middle of the week.

The ski resorts aren't complaining...............maybe that's where I'll be today!
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Well we had a little bit of snow for the holidays.........