Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / You Know
- - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 12-30-2008 20:20
Any one Know who uses "You Know" no less than 40 times in an interview.........any1 any1?
MDK
Parent - By bozaktwo1 (***) Date 12-30-2008 20:28
You know, I really couldn't say.  You know?
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 12-30-2008 22:37
you know, like, the ones that will like, still be looking for a job, you know? LOL DAMNED ANNOYING!!!
Parent - - By up-ten (***) Date 12-31-2008 16:45
Oh like, when someone says like, you know, like......no, I really don't know.  "You knows" and "like" are frowned upon at our dinner table. So is farting, but only like, Dad is allowed. LOL
Parent - - By swnorris (****) Date 12-31-2008 18:05
It means the same thing as "you know what I'm sayin?" and is used frequently in an educating conversation.  For example, "The carbon-14 atoms that are produced by cosmic rays coalesce with oxygen to structure carbon dioxide, which plants take in naturally and integrate into plant fibers by photosynthesis. You know what I'm sayin?

In certain circles it's a mating call.  For example, "Hey girl, why don't we go back to my place and bump uglies? You know what I'm sayin?

It's also used to let the person you're addressing understand what you mean.  For example, "Yesterday night I went to the game wiff my co-workers and it was off the hook.  You know what I'm sayin?

Yes.  I know what you're sayin, but do YOU know what you're sayin? And while you're at it, why don't you pull your pants up and turn that damn music down a few hundred decibels? Both my eardrums are shattered but I still have one eyeball left in the socket.
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 12-31-2008 18:12
OK then who says "you Betcha"
Parent - - By up-ten (***) Date 12-31-2008 18:28
Car salesmen do.
Parent - - By Bob Garner (***) Date 12-31-2008 19:31
"And I'm like, Omigod, and she's like, Omigod, and I'm like Omigod, and she's like, Omigod, and..........."
Parent - - By OBrien (***) Date 12-31-2008 23:44
You must be talking about that whatcha macallsit
Parent - - By stkwldr (**) Date 01-01-2009 02:13
dont forget, "and what not" that's really annoying.
Parent - - By NEQA (**) Date 01-02-2009 20:11
My friends, aren't we being hard on those who have a unique speaking style?  Is it really for us to judge, my friends, what is acceptable and what isn't. My friends, I have been all over the world and, my friends, I can say with firm conviction  that I can't remember any of them. My friends, I can't even remember how many homes I own. But, my friends, is that really important? What is important, my friends, is that I am glad to be here among real americans.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 01-03-2009 13:15
I was talking to this friend the other day about the business and yada yada yada. He tells me his car is broke down and wants to know how to fix it so I tell him he needs to start with the alternator, yada yada yada.
Parent - By makeithot (***) Date 01-03-2009 18:59
Ya I used to like those kind of women too.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / You Know