Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Upgrade
- - By Distilled (**) Date 12-06-2001 04:57
I recently complete my exam and passed with a high enough score to be a CWI but was lacking a few months experience and acquired only a CAWI Certificate. How do I upgrade now that I have the required experience?
Parent - - By NDTIII (***) Date 12-06-2001 08:25
Contact the AWS certification department. They are listed on the AWS homepage under contact AWS.
Parent - By Distilled (**) Date 12-06-2001 16:19
Tried that.. haven't heard back yet..... Maybe I'll give them another shout.

Thanks!
Parent - By - Date 03-19-2003 14:43
Okay. If you passed at the CWI level but did not have enough experience to qualify you for the CWI certification, you can complete an upgrade application and submit the additional experience to the Certification Business Unit. Once the application is reviewed and your additional work experience satisfies the requirements stated in the QC1:96, you will be upgraded to a CWI. A new certificate and wallet card will be issued. The current fee for an upgrade is $240 as an AWS member and $440 as a non-member.

Now, I would suggest that you contact the AWS Certification Business Unit at :1-800-443-9353, ext. #272, to verify that you are eligible for an upgrade. You can also download the upgrade application (SCWI, CWI & CAWI Renewal and Upgrade Application) from the AWS website: www.aws.org. Please keep in mind that you cannot upgrade from a CWI to an SCWI.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you and others.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Upgrade