Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Is a beginners certification offered?
- - By jboz Date 12-08-2001 02:40
Hi,
Sorry if this isnt the right place to post. But i was wondering if this place offers a beginners course for someone looking to get some knowledge of welding. I work permit work with the Boilermakers and its a hck of alot easier to get into work if you have some kind of welding papers. I would be in the Cloumbus, OH area, and if there is such a short course, 1 week or so , how much do they usually cost.

TIA

Jay
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 12-08-2001 18:08
The certification is usually handled by the company you are working with but you may find a Voc-Tech school with night classes. I know the boilermakers are doing alot of work in that area. Another option is an "AWS Test Facility". Someone at AWS probably knows if any are in the area.

Maybe the boilermakers have a training program.

If you are talking about QC type training my best advice is READ, Listen and Learn.

I hope you find something.

Gerald Austin
Parent - By Michael Sherman (***) Date 12-10-2001 21:04
Jay, the two best places in your area that I am familiar with are the Hobart Institute in Troy, Ohio (Dayton area), and the Lincoln Electric welding school in Cleveland, Ohio. Also try Ohio State, they have an exceptional welding engineering program and can certainly point you in the right direction.

Respectfully,
Mike Sherman
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Is a beginners certification offered?