Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Remote on P.Pro 304
- - By Douglas Main (*) Date 01-09-2009 02:44
Looking for a good remote for my 304. Is millers high doll$r one the way to go or is there a better product, with a comparable price or, less expensive route to go? Just seeing what works. Really needed one today and my back is telling me so!
Parent - By JTMcC (***) Date 01-09-2009 03:43 Edited 01-09-2009 03:45
I bought my Vantage remote from Gerald Tidwell, he makes one for Pipepro's too. He's a nice guy as well.
He's a pipeliner so you have to catch him when he's in, and most guys will be going out before long.

tidweld.com

I think they are about 500 bucks, without a spool

JTMcC.
Parent - - By Paladin (***) Date 01-09-2009 04:07
Well, I have the high dollar one and it certainly works. But it is big, bulky, and heavy. I miss the tennis ball size Weldtron remote I have on my old SA 200. Just run out the extension cord, plug in the Weldtron, plug in grinder to that and your good to go. But the Miller PRHC-14 Hand Control seems way over built to me. It's a wrestling match to drag it out and hook it up. If I had seen it before I ordered it I might have looked to see if something else was available. I don't know if Weldtron has something that will work with the Pipe Pro 304.
Parent - - By Douglas Main (*) Date 01-09-2009 04:31
I do like the 110V at the remote. That would be so useful. I thought that miller one look about as bulky as a coffee maker.
Parent - By JTMcC (***) Date 01-09-2009 04:55
I think Tidwell has a picture of the Pipepro remote on his website, it's on his rig.
It's smaller than the Vantage remote, which is smaller than the Cable remote for SA's.

JTMcC.
Parent - - By millerman (**) Date 01-09-2009 05:26
look on ebay  ijust got one off here its a miller and got 50 ft of 14 pin exst for 130$ they are great
thanks
mac
Parent - - By Paladin (***) Date 01-09-2009 13:42
It's not that the remote box itself is so big. Again, I am compairing it to the Weldtron unit I used for years. But the one I have has 135 ft of very heavy cable, bout like 1-0 weld cable, pretty heavy to coil up and tote. I plan on making a reel to just keep it on my rig all the time but haven't got to it yet. Miller makes two remotes, I think , for the Pipe Pro. The one I have has two 110v receptacles. That's handy. And the end that plugs into the machine has a Y. One goes to the 14 pin, the other to the 110 outlet. 
Parent - - By Douglas Main (*) Date 01-09-2009 13:58
Yeah Ive seen the two miller makes. I need atleast 150ft. No use having my remote shorter than my shortest lead. Miller makes a short cord remote, I believe its that one millerman was talking about on ebay, but it is cheap. Why hell you only get 50ft. Might as well get my rear up and walk to the dial itself. Im gonna try Johns guy out TIGWELL. Looks like he has a nice product.

D. Main
Parent - By millerman (**) Date 01-10-2009 02:02
The  remote has 20 ft attached then a 50 ft ext cord it only has the 14 pin plug and  it really works great for me when i use the 12vs  suit case
thanks
mac
and yeah the other is a good unit also but with a new machine i kind  a like to stick to millers stuff for no warranty isues
Parent - By RatherBHuntin (**) Date 01-10-2009 22:50
Douglas,
Hey man, I have a remote for my Miller. It's an awesome little remote. It's weather resistant and shock resistant. It's small enough to hook to your pocket when you are running a bead. It comes with 100 ft cable, I think. Real light weight. It's a ProFax MHC-14. I think it cost around $200-something. But it's an awesome little remote.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Remote on P.Pro 304