Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / need help with pipeline jobs?
- - By pipelinegator (*) Date 01-17-2009 13:05
new to the feild 20 yr pipefitter wanna make it as a rigwelder any help with contacts!!
Parent - - By okwelder82 (***) Date 01-17-2009 16:07
The whole pipeline industry is pretty slow right now. A lot of Rig welders are looking for work.
Parent - - By texwelder (***) Date 01-18-2009 00:57
Do ya'll expect it to pick back up or no, I've heard that it ain't lookin good, I know around Franklin, Jewitt, and Buffalo texas they are stacking alot of rigs, lets hope this new president don't do half the things he says he is or this whole country is in trouble.
Parent - - By JTMcC (***) Date 01-18-2009 01:41
Mainline construction is projected (not by me, by people who actually know) to be less than last year (last year broke every record in the book), but still as good or better than '07 which was a very, very big year.

As for the rigs and oil field work I don't have a clue.

It's only January, patience is a virtue.

JTMcC.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 01-18-2009 02:16
The drilling industry does this EVERY year. It will pick back up again around the end of Feb. Like it does EVERY year.
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 01-18-2009 03:54
Seems the ENTIRE industry does this every year.
Parent - - By James0228 (*) Date 01-18-2009 07:02
I hope yall are right. I live in Fort Worth and they are stackin rigs and layin hands off like crazy. Hope for the best.
Parent - By rowdy90386 Date 01-20-2009 16:11
it happens every year it just varys on how long.
Parent - - By rowdy90386 Date 01-20-2009 16:10
man the whole oil industry is stacked out, it was said to pick back up at the end of jan, but im puting my money on march. It suck i know but Chesapeake is to be producing 1100 new wells all over from west of the mississippi to east of odesa. So man just like me hold in there bud it will pick back up. If you have to look further south on the coast many refinerys are being built and thats were the pipeline ties in.
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 01-20-2009 22:20
I just arrived in Corpus. Gonna pound the pavement tomorrow. Hope something breaks.
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 01-20-2009 23:38
Hey Rick  John Knox is in Corpus on his rig . Give him a call. He tested on 2" xx wall 6010 root 7018 fill and cap
Parent - - By texwelder (***) Date 01-21-2009 01:48
I know all the well service companies are slow as ever right now, they haven't laid off yet, but they all have hiring freeze on right now. Lets hope for the best. All these liberal tree huggers just don't understand that are only two things that make this world go round, the oil field and the agriculture field,
Parent - By WeldingChat.com (**) Date 01-21-2009 16:43
I know its tough to find jobs in this market...we have started something new that you could use. Add your resume/profile/work in photos and videos if you want and promote yourself on the site..WeldingMedia.com

Jobs come up but it is tough to keep up with where they and employers find it difficult to locate welders also (atleast I have heard some say this)...

Good luck..
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / need help with pipeline jobs?