Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / A WELDERS WIFE & HER PROJECTS
- - By LINCOLNCHIC (**) Date 01-18-2009 12:48
Little projects i do for myself and friends...No laughs from you pro's, only 3rd time i have ever welded and first time to use a torch...
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 01-18-2009 14:33
I think they look good. I like how that Texas turned out with the horseshoes.
Parent - - By pypLynr (***) Date 01-18-2009 15:03
Nice work , your husband is a lucky man . My wife doesn't have interest to learn my trade  , much less do projects for herself . LOL   She's a  RN .  So , when I hurt myself doing my job , she gets to patch me up .
Parent - By LINCOLNCHIC (**) Date 01-18-2009 15:21
Thanks pyplynr.. I have always wanted to learn and My husband is more than happy to show me things, even after working 7-12's....with a few min of daylight left he pulls up gets out with his hood and shows me a thing or two each day....  His friends think its kinda cool too... they keep bringing me things pipejacks, torch hoses a torch... they say if ya wanna weld  we gonna give ya extra stuff we have, its pretty awsome of them...
Parent - - By LINCOLNCHIC (**) Date 01-18-2009 15:08
Thank you Cummingsguy71...
Parent - - By rockin d (**) Date 01-18-2009 15:12
very nice & creative ,coors can gives it the xtra touch
Parent - - By LINCOLNCHIC (**) Date 01-18-2009 15:23
LOL Thanks
Parent - - By pypLynr (***) Date 01-18-2009 15:49
Oh , by the way , tell your hubby I like his wash tub set up . I looked @ your other posts and that set up looks good and functional .  I finally got my old bed on my rig . I need to make time to strip it and put a 'coat' on it . LOL
Attachment: DSC00425.JPG (315k)
Attachment: DSC00426.JPG (245k)
Parent - - By LINCOLNCHIC (**) Date 01-18-2009 21:04
I SURE WILL , THANK YOU
Parent - - By darren (***) Date 01-19-2009 05:21
they are awesome great work
Parent - By LINCOLNCHIC (**) Date 01-19-2009 13:47
thanks
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 01-21-2009 01:54
Just curious are you workin anywhere right now, I live in Bryan/College Station its getting slower and slower by the day.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 01-19-2009 05:27
Looks good.
Parent - By LINCOLNCHIC (**) Date 01-19-2009 13:47
Thank You
Parent - - By slagline 3 (**) Date 01-19-2009 15:05
A little white lie is still a li.....well you know the rest. My wife sells the exact same Texas Star in her store imagine that. I buy them out of South Texas some of these Texas
Treasures actually come from China. I have a company in Jingzou China that builds my bits and is presently working on pricing my spur design.
I will give you credit for a great looking cross, but there again, the design ( forged Texas) is about 20 years old. Once again they were forged in Mexico. That being said, keep at it you are on the right track. My wife make great money selling rustic furniture and refurbing items we buy out of old barns. Even the old barn wood and hardware has good resale value.
Parent - - By LINCOLNCHIC (**) Date 01-19-2009 16:51
FIRST I HAVE NOT TOLD A LIE..... I NEVER SAID I MADE THE TEXAS STARS.... I TAKE THE RUSTED ONES GRIND THEM DOWN THEN BLUE THEM WITH A TORCH..... WHICH I HAVE NOT SEEN EVER IN A STORE.... REFUSE TO PAY SOME ONE FOR SOMETHING I CAN DO MYSELF... ONLY SEEN THING WHICH HAVE BEEN DONE WITH A CNC MACHINE AND BLUED..... ALSO AS FOR MY HORSESHOE CROSS, DONE WITH ALL RECLAIMED HORSESHOES FROM MY GIRLFRIENDS RANCH.... THE SRURS ,BITS ,RAWLS AND ROPES ALL RECLAIMED FROM REAL COWBOYS AND COWGIRLS FROM TEXAS......NOT BOUGHT AND MADE TO LOOK USED..... I HAVE NEVER CLAIMED TO HAVE DESIGNED , COME UP WITH OR INVENTED ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!  DOING THINGS THAT I LIKE AND THAT MY FRIENDS ASK FOR.... AND EVERYTHING ELSE I AM WORKING ON IS ALSO MADE FROM RECLAIMED FARM TOOLS & EQUIPMENT , OLD BARN WOOD AND OLD CYPRESS FROM MY FAMILY...... NOT TRYING TO GO IN TO BUSINESS, IM BUSY ENOUGH WITH THE ROPEING , REINING, CUTTIN'S AT MY GIRL FRIENDS RANCH. AND MY FATHERS FRIENDS IN TEXAS HILL COUNTRY.....WHICH ALL LIKE THE IDEA OF EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOR THE STARS BEING RECLAIMED...

SO THANKS FOR YOUR INFO~~~~
Parent - - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 01-19-2009 20:04
Good work!
Parent - By LINCOLNCHIC (**) Date 01-19-2009 21:57
Thanks so much!!!
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-19-2009 18:12
looks good to me i make a cross similar to yours and people love them all my customers like the rusted look so i just clean up the welds and clear coat it good work keep it up the texas looks good to did you do that with a torch or plasma cutter
Parent - - By LINCOLNCHIC (**) Date 01-19-2009 21:57
The little texas on the shoe's right? If so , beleive it or not picked it up at Sutherlands $2.50 , was gonna use it as a hot plate... also making a hitch with one for my truck... will post more as i finish.... And thank you!!!!
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-20-2009 15:44
yeah thats it and thats a good price i make a hot plate but the design is way different and when i make them i cant make them fast enuff lol sorry not passing on my secrets
Parent - - By LINCOLNCHIC (**) Date 01-20-2009 21:03
Thats cool, i could get my old man to do some stuff for me but i only want him to show me so i can do it myself.... but when i figure it out i want pass on my secrets to you either...lmao   :)
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-21-2009 14:58
lol i dont blame ya most people i deal with buy 1 or 2 then make them themselves if i could only patened the design then i'd have it made i think lol. there are lots of things you can do with horseshoes even nuts bolts and washers it's fun to be creative but gets boring after a while
Parent - - By LINCOLNCHIC (**) Date 01-21-2009 21:11
Yeah i have found lots of ideas taking a lil from this an a lil from that... Also with reclaimed farm tools & equipment... but dont think i will  get to board im 35 now and have wanted to learn to weld for a really long time... And with all my friends , trust me they send me new ideas ALL the time..lol
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-22-2009 19:05
as long as you keep doing new stuff it stays fun
Parent - - By WeldingChat.com (**) Date 01-21-2009 14:22
Looks good for only 3rd time..
Parent - By LINCOLNCHIC (**) Date 01-21-2009 21:13
Thanks...
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / A WELDERS WIFE & HER PROJECTS