Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Drawer Assy.
- - By tazmannusa (**) Date 01-20-2009 14:45
Hello All
Figured I would show a couple pictures of a drawer Assy. This one fits inside a cabnet in a 3/4 ton utility bed. This is my first time building drawers, time consuming but not the hard. The drawer slides are the ones you can buy on ebay for less than $5 a pair and they seem to be good quality but time will tell. Every thing broke up with 4' leaf brake and cut with compound hand shear. 
Customer told me the bed manufacture wanted $200 a drawer, I figured I could beat that and charging time and material by the time I painted and installed in truck came out $130 a drawer.
Figured it would give some ideas on your own rigs with limited space.

Tom
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 01-20-2009 15:01
Hello Tom, those look really nice and are probably much better than the ones that you had the $200/drawer bid for. Best regards, Allan
Parent - By FixaLinc (****) Date 01-20-2009 17:32
Hey Tom those look really nice and are made here by you not in some other country. 
Parent - - By J Hall (***) Date 02-07-2009 14:57
Nice work. Those slides will be fine. I used some similar ones and they have lasted for About 10 years now
Parent - - By Tim655 (*) Date 02-08-2009 00:27
Just an idea.Firstof all I think you did a Great job. Maybe you could tack weld the slides in, after you bolt them,then remove the bolts and fill the holes and sand smooth. Just an idea..
Parent - By tazmannusa (**) Date 02-08-2009 00:57
  I thought about welding them in but once it was installed you cant see them, snug fit in cabnet and outer turned lip hides them.
  Thanks
Tom
Parent - By tazmannusa (**) Date 02-08-2009 00:53
Thanks
Glad to here the drawer slides hold up. Customer is happy with it.
Looks slick the way you did it under bed like that, given me ideas for my own rig.
  Tom
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 02-12-2009 14:54
Looks alot better than the diamond plate 1 i made for my skid on my truck but i was in a hurry still very nice work
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Drawer Assy.