Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / New to site
- - By cklwood Date 01-24-2009 04:08
I am new to this site.  I am not a welder by profession but I really enjoy welding and fabrication I guess I would be called a hobbyist.  Give you a little background I have been welding since high school or younger.  The way I was taught was here are the rods, leads, and hood now have fun.  I guess I do pretty good for self teaching myself but I want to learn more.  I have a job as of now but who know from day to day.  I was wondering what kind of schools are out there maybe weekend stuff or night stuff.  I want more information in this field so that I have one more trick in my bag.  I wanted to learn more about welding and fabrication.  I am not out here to take anyone's job just looking to expand my education.  I have enjoyed this site so far I am just amazed at everything from homemade tools to high dollar welding rigs.  I am like a kid in a candy store.  Thanks
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 01-24-2009 12:24 Edited 01-25-2009 07:34
Hello Cole, welcome to the forum. There are folks from all walks of life who frequent this site, so as you look around at the various topics you will likely notice the wide array of backgrounds, localities, etc. Certainly check out some of the areas of interest that you find and try using the search function to research questions about different subjects as well. You had mentioned an interest in possibly exploring some schooling options for training, I would guess there might be some community colleges in your area that might provide this training, there might also be some vocational/technical schools as well, you just need to start asking questions to see what your options are. Some of these schooling options might have classes made up especially for the hobbyist such as yourself, you'll just have to take the steps to find out what is available. Best of luck to you and enjoy your time on the forum. Best regards, Allan
Parent - By cklwood Date 02-04-2009 15:41
Thanks for the help I will get to looking.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 01-24-2009 15:05
Welcome,

Don't worry about taking anybodys job...  Welders have to prove themselves before they are hired (in my opinion this cannot be stealing)

Dude,  Texas has some of the best welder training in the world.  Super Ace pipe experts at many of the community colleges, as well as several private technical/trade schools.  Listen To Allan

Keep comming, bring your questions!
Parent - - By cklwood Date 02-04-2009 15:47
Thanks for the help!  I will start looking around.
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 02-09-2009 23:25
Welcome.

Al
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / New to site