Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Things are getting slow
- - By CK Welding (**) Date 01-24-2009 23:53
I am a rig welder in Wyoming, Casper area if you are wondering.  Anyways I have been busy all year last year and had a great start on this year then as fast as a slap in the face it all came to an end.  I was just wondering if anyone understands what made the oil market drop? I just don't get it. Also I am oviously looking for some work I could use some leads on that too.  I prefere pipe work but at this point will do any stick welding with reasonable pay.  THANKS A BUNCH MEN!
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-25-2009 16:04
Oil field always slows down this time of year as for the prices i dont know but i think oil producers are waiting to get a good feel of Obama before they do anything
Parent - - By CK Welding (**) Date 01-25-2009 19:55
I thaught December was always the slow time.  I was thinking I did quite well staying busy through december and most of January, then the next thing I know I finnish up the job I was on, then got on the phone as usual, and knowbody is doing anything. 
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 01-26-2009 14:20
january and febuary have always been slow months for me but never this bad
Parent - By pipelinetrash23 (**) Date 01-26-2009 16:19
Shad im with you on the whole president issue i think everyone is wanting to see what he does.
Parent - By jetfuelbob (*) Date 01-26-2009 00:19
I think Big Oil tested John Q public and figured out what our pain level was and it was not $5.00 diesel fuel. Then the car companies
went broke, banks stopped lending money to buy cars and other things. Big oil is certainly smart enough to know when they have turned
the knob far enough.
Just my Sunday afternoon 5 cents worth.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Things are getting slow