Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / National Welding Inspection School
- - By BryonLewis (****) Date 01-29-2009 04:00
I found this school online.  Has anyone heard of it, attended or know if its worth looking into?  They seem to have a 2 and 4 day class/exam that targets pipeline inspection.  If you pass the exam they give you a cert. 
I don't know, what do youz think?

http://www.nationalwelding.com/
Parent - - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 01-30-2009 03:23
John Wormeli has been giving this class for years. Some pipeline companies allow his certification to be used to meet API 1104 8.3 Qualification of Inspection Personnel. Your resume will have to back up the experience, but his class does qualify as eduction and training. If you have your CWI and want to chase pipelines as an inspector, his class and certification couls help land a job.
You will come out of the class a lot smarter about pipeline construction and inspection. I do think it is worth the time and $$ to attend.
BABRT's
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 01-30-2009 03:49
Thanks alot.  I am testing for CWI next week in D1.1.  I am not sure what or where I want to go.  I don't see any work around here so I am searching for possibilities that I might find some opportunity. 
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / National Welding Inspection School