Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / NUTTIN ELSE TO DO BUT TAKE SOME PICS~~~
- - By LINCOLNCHIC (**) Date 01-30-2009 02:57
Had nuttin else to do today,  thought ya'll might enjoy pics~~~
Parent - - By ZCat (***) Date 01-30-2009 03:44
That's a cool faceplate on the machine!
Parent - - By LINCOLNCHIC (**) Date 01-30-2009 03:46
Thanks, didnt think my old man would put it on there.. Im the one from texas, he is from South La...
Parent - - By up-ten (***) Date 01-30-2009 03:50
Thats a nice placement of the flamin' Lincoln decal. Did you paint that helmet? I think it would look sweet if you had a "Lincolnchic" decal made up for the helmet,flames and all.
Parent - - By LINCOLNCHIC (**) Date 01-30-2009 03:54
Its one of my husbands old hood's ... He was just half-ass'n around and re-did it. But thanks I talked him into puttin um like that..lol
Parent - By ntbroz (*) Date 02-02-2009 02:13
did you happen to work on a line in koziesco mississippi
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 02-02-2009 04:48
dig the flamin' stickers! I did up a helmet a few weeks ago, sanded it, cleaned, cut out stencil to put on graphics. Did a silver base coat with a translucent blue over the top.  Looked sweet, then I went in and welded overhead for about 8 hours and took care of the "sweet" part of it.
Parent - - By up-ten (***) Date 02-02-2009 05:15
And now it looks like a welding helmet. What kind of paint did you use?
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 02-02-2009 05:25
I went to advance auto. I think it was dupli color and the blue was...probably the same but the cap was a chrome like blue. I hit a clear piece of plastic and you could see through the color so the silver brought it out pretty good. Then the clear coat was automotive from the same place. It's actually held up real well. When I was doing the overhead I took another clear lense and put it on the outside with super glue to keep the droplets from pocketing in the corner and burning through.

I sanded all the roughness out from the casting with 320 then smoothed it out with 400-600 and primed it. More sanding then paint. Had to rush this one along cause I needed to have it up and running pretty quick. I actually posted a new thread with pics, cool welding hoods.
Parent - By up-ten (***) Date 02-02-2009 15:30
Awesome! checking there now.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / NUTTIN ELSE TO DO BUT TAKE SOME PICS~~~