Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI
- - By doyenofcastle (**) Date 02-03-2009 17:00
have any one any pdf or doc file contain samples questions about the API 1104 and can I have more information about practical section in the exam what it consist of and how to answer it , i need general information because i plan to take cwi self study ,I hope any one have files or information to post please
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 02-03-2009 17:32
doyenofcastle,  if you do a search you will find several threads regarding this.  The basic answer is 'no', no one can give you the actual test questions.  But, the study materials all have review questions that will help greatly.  Also, the study book that goes with D1.1.  Several of the guys have posted copies of their own made up questions to help themselves and others study for the test and they are really quite good.  Took a quick look back through some of the earlier threads and couldn't find the ones I was looking for but you can do searches yourself to find the info you want.

Some of your earlier posts suggest you are going to try to self study.  By all means, study to your hearts content, and study, and study, and study some more.  Go through every book listed in the suggested reference materials on the application page for the test and seminar.  But, at least take the one week seminar ahead of the test.  Especially if you are not actually involved in some form of inspections in your normal job capacity or if you do not use the codes VERY regularly.  Buy all the books ahead of time even if they are on the list that comes with the seminar cost.  Give them away later or but a set at the office and one to carry with you, but buy them all ahead of time to study. 

Maybe some others will respond here and give you the direct links to the earlier posts.

Good luck and Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 02-03-2009 17:55
Pretty hard to send you files when your email address is hidden  :)
Parent - - By doyenofcastle (**) Date 02-04-2009 16:14
I hope you send something about the practical parts ,I'm already attend course of CSWIP 3.1 , so  want to save the money of seminar ,but in CSWIP the practical is consist of plate or pipe have som defects and they give you the related code  in conclusion (3 papers ) then you answer it's too much  easy to answer , but I don't know the difference in CWI
Parent - By Quibo (*) Date 02-04-2009 18:02
Hi doyenofcastle, please review your e/mail.
I sent to you a file today
Cheers.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI