Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Get a good grip, aim, carefully and smoothly squeeze....
- - By jwright650 (*****) Date 02-04-2009 14:03
...the trigger......

http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p319/deputyrob/?action=view&current=Pistol.flv

Yikes!
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 02-04-2009 14:19
What an idiot. Firstly I hope for his sake he has a .60 cal registered though I doubt it actually is:

From the national firearms act of 1934 http://www.atf.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/nfa.htm
Destructive device. (a) Any explosive, incendiary, or poison gas (1) bomb, (2) grenade, (3) rocket having a propellent charge of more than 4 ounces, (4) missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than one-quarter ounce, (5) mine, or (6) similar device; (b) any type of weapon by whatever name known which will, or which may be readily converted to, expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or other propellant, the barrel or barrels of which have a bore of more than one-half inch in diameter, except a shotgun or shotgun shell which the Director finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes ; and (c) any combination of parts either designed or intended for use in converting any device into a destructive device as described in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this definition and from which a destructive device may be readily assembled. The term shall not include any device which is neither designed or redesigned for use as a weapon; any device, although originally designed for use as a weapon, which is redesigned for use as a signaling, pyrotechnic, line throwing, safety, or similar device; surplus ordnance sold, loaned, or given by the Secretary of the Army under 10 U.S.C. 4684(2), 4685, or 4686, or any device which the Director finds is not likely to be used as a weapon, or is an antique or is a rifle which the owner intends to use solely for sporting purposes.

Assuming everything is legit, then he's still showing a decided lack of mental awarness for attempting to fire that thing in the manner he did.
Parent - - By OBrien (***) Date 02-04-2009 17:31
This is just more fuel for anti-gun people.  The compleate lack of control he had over that is foolish. 
Parent - - By Kix (****) Date 02-04-2009 19:21
Ya know what you tell anti gun people. You tell them that "if guns kill people, then spoons made Rosie O'donnel fat".
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 02-04-2009 23:10
LOL, I think I need to make that into a bumper sticker.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 02-04-2009 17:51
I bet he had to resite the scope what an idiot. i wonder how big of a knot he had on his head
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 02-04-2009 19:17
It looks like that hat may have saved him from a concussion at least.
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 02-04-2009 20:17
Bet he has absolute h*ll pulling that trigger again.
Parent - By J Hall (***) Date 02-04-2009 22:36
A co worker's wife touched off a.44 blackhawk with the same stupid hlod and broke her nose.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Get a good grip, aim, carefully and smoothly squeeze....