Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / I'm stupid
- - By Jake331 (**) Date 02-04-2009 20:17
hey how do I post pics that I have on my computer?
Attachment: Jake_0051.jpg (0B)
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 02-04-2009 20:54
Jake,
  Go to the help section, and at the bottom are instructions on how to attach. Basically, you post then hit attach at the bottom of your post. This takes you to the upload function. Hit browse, pic the image or file you want, and hit upload. If it is to large you will have to resize the pic. The way I have found that is easiest for me is to select the image I want, and go to "send to mail recipiant, then it will ask if you want to resize for sending, select yes, then they should be attachable to the forum.

jrw159
Parent - By Jake331 (**) Date 02-05-2009 01:39
ok I got it now thanks   I attached a pic of me climbing a derrick a couple years ago
Parent - By ctacker (****) Date 02-04-2009 22:59
you can only do it after leaving a post
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 02-04-2009 23:01
Thats not stupid. Years back I had grandiose plans of getting out of the inspection business, picked up a Microsoft A+ cert and while working the day job of inspection to pay the bills I worked a part time gig at an IT help desk. Stupid is telling someone they need to clean their disk and then having them call you everything under the sun after they put their laptop in the dishwasher to "clean their disk" because they hung up on you before you had the chance to explain what you meant by cleaning the disk. Stupid is the multiple phone calls from people who fried their systems because their automatic coffee cup holder spilled coffee all in their system (the cd drive tray). The final straw (all of which took place within 6 weeks in my very very short career as an IT geek) was when I ask someone to boot their system up, at which I heard a loud crash over the phone. Then $*$*%R*$E( you stupid son of  $R*%R&T&%R&, you just broke my $RE*R&& computer. Apparently this einstein had just drop kicked her laptop. I hung up the phone got my jacket, made a call on the way out and was on a pipeline the next day.

No my friend your not asking a stupid question.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 02-05-2009 13:49
CWI555,
  Nice!!! I can only imagine some of the things you had to deal with. Thanks for reminding us that it does get worse. :-)

jrw159
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / I'm stupid