Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / D1.3 PREQUALIFIED PROCEDURES.
- - By firstpass (**) Date 02-08-2009 02:08
In reviewing some D1.3 procedures I have come up with some questionS that I would like some clarification.  You can use the section three requirements but section 4 has to be met.
The PREQUALIFIED procedure in question  Qualified all positions on one document.  Vertical. up and down on same document.   IN section four it states that vertical progression is a essential VARIABLE and needs requalified. 

I may be confused about the Prequalified.  I thought that no further testing is required if the blanks are filled in correctly and meet all the requirements of section table 3.1 and the specific joint configurations.   The performance testing requires two assembles of each configuration.   The Welder Qualifications forms were on a D1.1 form and did not depict that two assemblies were used.
THE SECOND COLUMN DID NOT LIST THE WHAT IS QUALIFIED FOR.  
Like some already stated if it is not written it was not done.  If someone accepts these and there is an audit down the line I DO NOT BELIEVE THESE PAPERS WOULD FLY.

ANY ASSISTANCE IN CLARIFICATION OF THE ABOVE ISSUES WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
Parent - By pax23 (**) Date 02-10-2009 15:53
You are done.

You don't need to do any more. Essential variables should only be applied to qualified procedures not prequalified procedures. So long as your prequalified procedures meet the requirements of Section 3 and you weld within those parameters you're fine.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / D1.3 PREQUALIFIED PROCEDURES.