Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / miller bobcat vs. thermal arc predator
- - By mark Date 01-02-2002 07:55
Does anybody have experience with either of these two machines? I have pretty much decided to buy one or the other. Problem is that I can't hardly tell a dimes difference between the two. The Bobcat is the 250 and the predator pro has the same basic amp ranges, but no ac welding capablities. Both have 10000 watt gens. Anyway, anyone with experience with either of these machines I would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks, Mark
Parent - - By Mike Brace (**) Date 01-02-2002 12:29
Mark: I have welded with both machines. The Thermal machine is not as strong a machine as the BobCat. The generator output on the Thermal goes down to about 7kW on a hot day. Also the weld quality is not as good. The BobCat has better 6010 and7018 performance. The Thermal has arc outages with 6010 and 7018 unloads and spatters more. Miller has better support. I hope this helps.
Parent - - By mark Date 01-02-2002 19:54
thanks Mike, that was a very informative and sincere reply. However, your email address makes me go Hmmmmm.
Parent - By DGXL (***) Date 01-02-2002 22:51
Your getting advice for Miller from Miller.
You don't want to hear about their customer service...
Parent - By Michael Sherman (***) Date 01-03-2002 12:06
Mark, I own 13 welding machines. And about half of them are Miller the other half are Lincoln. I buy according to the needs of the job. The Miller is an excellent machine. I don't know about the other one but I can vouch for the Miller. The Lincoln ranger 9 is also a very, very good machine.

Respectfully,
Mike Sherman
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / miller bobcat vs. thermal arc predator