Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Speedglas Repair
- - By HPMTM (*) Date 01-02-2002 22:38
One of our welders uses a Hornel Speedglas APC auto-darkening lens. It has stopped working and new batteries don't fix it. Are these things repairable (and by whom) or are they a throw away item?

Thanks!
Parent - By welder_guy2001 (***) Date 01-06-2002 04:27
i had a similar problem w/ an automatic helmet. there were dark spots all over the lens and it wouldn't turn on. i'm not sure what exactly happened, but i'm pretty sure i accidently left it in my car when the temperature was around -10 F. but, to answer your question, no, i haven't heard of any repair shops anywhere. i think the best you could do is send it off to the manufacturer and let them make the decision to fix it or throw it away...maybe it's still under warranty and you'll get a new one for free!
Parent - - By boilermaker (**) Date 01-10-2002 23:11
I have a SPeedglas XL and mine did the same thing. You can call a local welding supply store and they can give you the number for Hornell. I doubt that they will be able to fix it unless it's just dirty. They're not sure if they can fix mine either. I can't believe that they can't "fix" them anymore...They're sticking to the 9000 series and they suck.
Regards,
John
Parent - By boilermaker (**) Date 01-24-2002 22:54
I dug up the number for Hornell,
1-800-628-9218, you'll want the repair department....They're sending my XL back, apparently it was just dirty..
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Speedglas Repair