Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Experienced....want to be certified
- - By wiskybuck (*) Date 02-19-2009 22:37
Hey Everyone,

I'm a 20 year veteran welder. I have been a TIG aluminm welder the whole time with experience MIG, TIG stainless, and ARC.

I'm looking to better myself and possibly teach at a tech. college.

I'm having difficulty finding thru the site where I can get certified and gain teaching exp.
I live in Wisconsin and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 02-20-2009 01:49
Buck,

If your looking to teach

My suggestion would be to begin to work toward a CWI/CWE  and or CWS credentials.

There are active AWS chapters in Wisconsin and tech college instructors attend meeting regularly. This would be a good place to start networking.

The tech colleges in Wisconsin often hire part time instructors when an upsurge of students occurs (such as now, with displaced folks looking for retraining).

Most of the Wisconsin Tech colleges do performance qualification testing of students so getting a weld test is not difficult.

Feel free to send me a PM with more detailed questions if you like, I teach in the Wis. Tech college system so I know a little bit about what your considering :)
Parent - By wiskybuck (*) Date 02-20-2009 15:07
Thanks Lawrence, sent you a PM
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Experienced....want to be certified