Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / AWS weld-off competitions?
- - By PlasmaHead2 (***) Date 02-22-2009 17:50
I was wondering if these are only open to welding students or is there a different "league" for people who are out of the school environment.
Also is there anyone who would have blueprints from the old contests? My current job has me RMAW parts and is not satisfying my need to weld, however we do have a lot of scrap and drop material that I can play with.
I'm getting kind of bored just running various test plates (T's and V groves mostly) and I would love to build something to a print or some approximation of it given the nature of how I'm getting materials.

Thank you
-Clif
Parent - By Metarinka (****) Date 02-23-2009 03:02
http://www.aws.org/pr/apr7-2005.html

correct me if I'm wrong but the U.S open weld trials I thought were seperate from skills USA and their welding competition and open to everyone.  I think they hold it every year at the AWS fabtech show.

also the competition is extremely good, my last school was very big in competing the kids would practice 60+ hrs a week for a full semester.  WE have samples mounted on the wall from each of the state and USA winners and it's very pretty.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / AWS weld-off competitions?