Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / camping
- - By rick harnish (***) Date 03-09-2009 22:18
Hey ya'll! Took my boy to a Cub n One camp out this weekend. It was a real good time, and my boy enjoyed every minute.
Unfortunately, I was a rookie to this particular camp. Cant drive anywhere close to the campsite. Everyone had carts of some sort. Not I. I lugged everything in several two mile hikes. No problem. ( of course, lugging it all back became a problem, I was worn out!)
The real trouble began when my 40 year old body started playing football and some soccer like frisbee game! I was fairly sore when I got back to the house.
Today, every time I try to stand up I do some sort of Dwight Yoakum, Elvis Presley thing with my legs!! Im walking like I have just ridden the Chisolm trail!! OUCH!!
It was a freaking Cubscout camp!!!! Better stay away from the Army!!! LOL!!!
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 03-09-2009 22:21
Rick sounds like I need to give your son one of those stun guns before you go camping again.
Parent - - By michael kniolek (***) Date 03-09-2009 22:42
I CAN SEE YOUR BOY NOW........DRAGGIN DADDYS A** OUT OF THE WOODS ON A MAKESHIFT COT.

seriously i cant wait untill my boy is old enough to camp.....god knows hes big enough.
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 03-10-2009 02:16
Its his turn! That boy had me carrying EVERYTHING! He knows how to play it. "Yes Dad, ive got this and that, but I keep dropping everything and slowing progress!" Of course,I just kept adding to my pile until he was carrying a roll of toilet paper! Smart boy!
Cactus, if one boy gets one, all three will need one. They would hit each other with them things until they were all brain dead!
Parent - By dion_pepperg (*) Date 03-11-2009 02:37
i can see that now
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 03-11-2009 03:30
Then they would be just like the old man lol
Parent - By rick harnish (***) Date 03-11-2009 06:16
True,true...
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 03-11-2009 12:17
It may have caused some pain but the memories will still bethere long after the pains gone and so will your son.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / camping