Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Question about WPS, PQR, AND WQT
- - By zarir DOSH Date 03-17-2009 08:02
I have read some technical forum from NDT forum and one guy he wrote this statement:

"This is my first post so I will start off by saying hello to one and all!
I have just started a new job and they want me to make some WPS from their existing PQR's.
I have never done this before so am I right in assuming that I just transfer the data from the PQR to the WPS, which in turn makes the WQR?"

is it everyone cant solve his problems?

zarir.
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 03-17-2009 10:05
He obviously has some very, very steep climbs ahead of him!
Parent - - By bozaktwo1 (***) Date 03-17-2009 17:01
I agree with jon on that. 

Your friend has a lot to do.  First of all, you didn't mention a code.  Each code has different requirements as far as the essential variables for the procedure.  If there is one thing I have learned over the last 2 years, it's that no matter how much you read you are still never going to find developing a weld procedure an easy task!
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 03-18-2009 01:10
Coming from an NDT Forum, it would be similar to me asking: I've just started this new job and they want me to validate and perform some TOFD processes, I've never done it before, can I just copy from ASME V and use?
Parent - By zarir DOSH Date 03-18-2009 09:37
.emmm.. thank for the opinion, i'm not experts in weld coz not more enough experience in weld. still in learn and to know about welding. i have PCN level 2 in welding  inspector,from BINDT but more  involve in inservice inspection for UPV boilers and others...oh..for TOFD, i'm trying to ask my friend,how the method.he ASNT level 3 in all method.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Question about WPS, PQR, AND WQT