Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Welder Certificate Validity Declaration statement
- - By Nalla (***) Date 03-18-2009 00:32
Dear Friends
Annually we re-endorse our currently qualified welders after verifying NDE Reports and performance records for the last 12 months as concurrently agreed by Classification Society.
In our validity declaration we include this below mentioned statement.
"I/We the undersigned, declare that the welder named above has been regularly employed on the job covered by the certificate during the 12 months proceeding the date of my/our signature".

Pls advise appropriate word - proceeding  or preceding?

Thanks
Parent - - By Shane Feder (****) Date 03-18-2009 01:23
Nalla,
It is preceding.
Which code are you working to as most codes require confirmation to be 6 monthly ?
Regards,
Shane
Parent - By Nalla (***) Date 03-18-2009 02:33
Shane
Thanks.
Yes, most codes goes for 6 months but we have mutual acceptance from ABS being 3rd party approving authority.
Parent - - By Ke1thk (**) Date 03-18-2009 10:46
I typed in proceeding or preceding to see that proceeding earns an error line by Mr. Spellchecker.  I would think that preceding, previous, past, or last would be fine. 

"...during the months preceding the date...during the previous 12 months...during the past 12 months...during the last 12 months."

Good Luck,

Keith
Parent - - By Nalla (***) Date 03-19-2009 12:52
Thks to both you
Parent - - By jsdwelder (***) Date 03-19-2009 16:28
I could see where "Employed on the job" might be a bit misleading. Although they are welders, you don't state that they actually welded on the job with the process qualified with. I'm sure you have others who were employed on the job that are not welders. Interesting though if they let you word it that way.
Parent - By Boon (**) Date 03-22-2009 15:37
"Employed on the job" is followed by "covered by the certificate" so should not be so misleading.
I wonder if re-endorsement for welder qualifications must be done by 3rd party approving authority.
My understanding from ASME code is that the company, not third party, can prolong qualification very six month with valid declaration.

Regards
Boon
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Welder Certificate Validity Declaration statement