Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / RSO
- - By raptor34 (**) Date 03-22-2009 01:50
I was approached and asked to run an office doing mostly RT work, and to be the RSO. I know what the current manager makes but was wanting some input from some of you fine gentlemen that are also in or have been in this position as to a fair wage. PM me please.
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 03-23-2009 01:14
There isn't enough money to entice me into that one in this day and time. Money isn't everything, and with the upcoming and current changes in the law, it's near to a set up for failure in my opinion. Being a LIII RT is not so bad, but the RSO part they can keep.
Parent - By johnnyh (***) Date 03-23-2009 02:24
I have heard the same thing that Gerald stated.  A buddy of mine turned down a RSO job for the same reasons...and he really needed a gig at the time.
Parent - - By UCSB (**) Date 03-23-2009 22:22
Unless you really enjoy doing paperwork-- pass it up.
Been there-done that.
Parent - By Terry Vititoe 2 (*) Date 03-26-2009 11:41
The company I work for is in the process of starting to x-ray (320 Kv tube with CR)on turbine hardware that we design. I've been asked to be the RSO & have had training on the RPP & OEP. When we start X-raying it will just be me at first, but I expect that to change quick. Any thoughts about how much money I can get???? I'm in Jupiter FL, but I'm not sure how much the market will bare.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / RSO