Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / state certs / military certs
- - By jer (**) Date 03-25-2009 00:14
If I am state certified does it qualify me to weld on military production parts.
Parent - By pataterchip (**) Date 03-25-2009 19:16
I am not sure what you mean by State certified but in any case the welder qualification you have obtained should reference that code that you were tested in compliance with, if you are in construction typically AWS D1.1 if your a pipe welder could be API, ASME and so on... "MOST" military projects are fabricated to MIL-STD's like MIL_STD 278 or MIL_STD 248, could also be MIL_STD 2219 or MIL_STD  1595. So unless your qualification record list that it was completed IAW (In Accordance With) the specification called out on the drawing then you would not be certified to weld on that project.
The military and it's contractors don't care much what state you are from or who the governor is (unless your from Cali and you have good old Arnold in charge :-)

Check the drawing though because some of the tooling and ground support equipment will fall under D1.1

Depending on what your building and it's intended use there are almost always quality assurance standards that your company will have to comply with regardless of your welding qualifications. 
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / state certs / military certs