Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / some shop pics
- - By Metarinka (****) Date 03-25-2009 03:16 Edited 03-25-2009 03:21
Thought some of you might appreciate some shop pics, really just giving myself a chance to relax. Had my web host explode today, I have a senior level engineering project due, and I fly out tommorrow for 6 job interviews in california. Although I can't complain about the interviews looking forward to catching some sun, and I appreciate the free flights! I remember something about there's no such thing as a free lunch... but dang this feels close!

in the mean time here's some pictures of  first the weld shop at Pennsylvania college of technology and second at Washtenaw Community college.  In my opinion WCC has one of the cleanest and well run training facilities in the country.

also there's a few pictures of some of the gold medal win welds from skills usa. I didn't realize until I left that WCC focused a decent amount of energy towards Skills USA and it shows with the extreme amount of both state and national wins, not to mention the overall high quality of graduates (but I may be biased :) ) few welders can ever claim to lay down a bead that nice consistently and if you can head to vegas and try to win a gold medal.
Attachment: P1010938re.jpg (0B)
Attachment: P1010940re.jpg (0B)
Attachment: P1010941re.jpg (0B)
Attachment: P1010942re.jpg (0B)
Attachment: P1010944re.jpg (0B)
Attachment: P1010945re.jpg (0B)
Attachment: P1010948re.jpg (0B)
Attachment: skillsusa.jpg (0B)
Parent - By ZCat (***) Date 03-25-2009 05:35
That is one NICE looking weld, right there!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / some shop pics