Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / Serial number looks funny
- - By Nitesky (**) Date 04-04-2009 13:36
I can't say for sure since I only have the pic to go by.  Downloaded the pic and used the Gimp to enlarge it.

Numbers look larger than the others I have seen and doesn't match the obvious year of this machine.

http://tinyurl.com/ddlr6y
Parent - - By 63 Max (***) Date 04-05-2009 00:59
The Serial # says it's a 78 model and that looks like a 78 model. They had high idle switches and the larger black face plate with the amp gauge in the bottom center of it. I do agree the numbers look much bigger then any I have seen. Maybe they changed the faceplate and that was the only size number stamps they had. 
Parent - - By Nitesky (**) Date 04-05-2009 01:37
Yeah, the numbers are really large compared to any I have seen and deeply stamped too.  The serial almost looks like it was miss-stamped and the last 7 is almost superimposed on the second last one.  Almost looks like 5 digits instead of 6.
Weird.
Parent - By thewelder (***) Date 04-05-2009 06:48 Edited 04-05-2009 08:58
I see this machine on the craigslist.org/ S Francisco/bay area CA. a few minutes ago and the owner is looking for a "162 continental engine for he's machine" and he show the pic of this welder machine. "better be carefull"
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / Serial number looks funny