Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Anyone suffering from that 600ppm lead ban for kids stuff?
- - By Kix (****) Date 04-14-2009 19:23
   As of a few weeks ago, you can't by youth motorcycles or 4 wheelers.  This includes parts and excessories as well.  This government is really starting to piss me off.  Petitions and such are circulating, trying to get the ban on bikes and wheelers lifted, but hasn't had any affect yet.  There are many other things that are getting affected as well.  It's supposed to get down to 100ppm here before to long.  What's this country coming to?  I think the government should have a background check for hippyness before they can get voted in.
Parent - By mountainman (***) Date 04-14-2009 20:50
I wonder if all the kids should stop fishing too. After all, that lead in their tackle boxes has been known to cause cancer in the state of California.

JJ
Parent - - By Metarinka (****) Date 04-15-2009 03:28
last i heard they are trying to rewrite the bill and many motorcycle manufacturer CEO's and dealership associations contacted congress because this is all pretty ridiculous.

but for the record many republicans voted for the bill as well  http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/186/story/405634.html  and it's hard to argue that lead in children's toys is a good thing.  It was just a very hastily and poorly written bill that was too broad including lead that is metallurgically locked in allloys and used as agents in all sorts of things. It's an important element for many industrial processes.

A poorly written bill is poorly written, this is all rather party agnostic.
Parent - - By Kix (****) Date 04-15-2009 12:12
I wasn't raggin on any specific party, I was raggin on our retarded a$$ government.  I wonder what else they are doing poorly. ;-) Cough cough "a lot of sh!t" cough cough
Parent - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 04-15-2009 14:08
FUNNY NO MATTER WHAT THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE GOV ( SO MANY STUPID LAWS EFFECTING THE WAY  AMERICANS WORK , PLAY, AND LOVE. ) SEEMS TO ALWAYS BOIL DOWN TO THE LEFT SCREAMING YOUR PARTY VOTED FOR IT SO IT MUST BE OK.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Anyone suffering from that 600ppm lead ban for kids stuff?