Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / pipefitter books and an electricians conduit bending guide
- - By aevald (*****) Date 04-15-2009 00:30
Hello folks, a couple of posts from "thomasyyz" prompted me to include these books for everyone to see and hopefully prompt others to include information on additional publications that could be of some worth to anyone who works with pipe, tanks, and other round fabricated items. I have included a picture to show how these look, there are likely many other editions of these. Please share your preferences, personally all of these approach some similar practices in slightly different ways. That is why I appreciate knowing of others. Many thanks and best regards, Allan
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 06-09-2009 16:19
I've got one for pipefitters math, pretty handy. Also have the little black book in the picture. That's got a ton of info. I'll have to try and get a pic of the one I have.
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 06-09-2009 16:56
Thanks Shawn, would like to see it if you can post the picture. Best regards, Allan
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 06-11-2009 23:19
ok, here's the book I picked up off amazon. Has a bunch of good stuff in it.
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 06-11-2009 23:25
Hello Shawn, thanks for posting that up, I'll have to try and see if I can get a copy to take a look at. Best regards, Allan
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 06-24-2009 23:15 Edited 06-24-2009 23:25
Here's a link where one can order these books if anyone's interested.

http://www.thegangbox.com/

Once you're there, scroll down to the right column where it says "Trade books" and click the link - then click the third page ( 1 2 3 ).
Btw, They also sell some specialty tools... Have fun!!! :) ;) :)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 06-24-2009 23:41
Hello there Henry, good to hear from you. As usual you've gotten those fantastic links included in your response. You'll have to give me a rundown on what you've been up to lately if you feel so inclined. Best regards, Allan
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 06-25-2009 16:12
I'll send you a PM later this evening because due to the sensitive nature of what has been going on with me these days and recently, I do not want to share some things in a public forum that could potentially put me in legal hot water whereby "defamation of character" may or may not become an issue... however, I'd rather be safe since I may be involved in a civil action soon, and if the defendants read up on some stuff that I may or may not post online, I want to make sure that I'm not unwittingly feeding them some ammo if ya catch me drift friend so, I'll fill you in on the details either this evening or very shortly when I have some more free time.

In the mean time, I've got to get over to Triple A, and renew my vehicle registration so I can get the car inspected either tomorrow or this weekend.

It's always a pleasure to read from you to Allan, and I'm always looking forward to your additions in this section of the forum. :) :) :)
All the best to you too my friend!!! ;) ;) ;)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 06-25-2009 18:42
Hello again Henry, can totally respect what you're saying and look forward to your PM. Sounds as though you are in good spirits, so the best to you. Allan
Parent - - By vagabond (***) Date 06-26-2009 02:29
Lots of good ideas here,  I have used all of these and have them in my library.  I really love Chico's Pipefitting Cards though and use them daily when I'm on my tools.  They are compact and plastic (damn near indestructable unless you burn em) a little pricey but I guarantee you'll love em.  Everyone who see's mine wants em.  Just Google Chico's Pipefitting Cards and I think they have em on gangbox.com.  Lots of great formula's and shortcuts etc. not really new info just a great way to present it with plastic cards that don't wear out very fast at all.  I've had mine for 8 yrs. and they still look almost new.  Of course I don't work very hard either ROFLMAO.
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 06-26-2009 03:23
Hello vagabond, I had not heard of those before, I'll see if I can check them out and possibly get a set. Always looking for different approaches to learning similar processes. Thanks for the reply. Best regards, Allan
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 06-26-2009 04:38 Edited 06-26-2009 04:45
Chico's rock!
order here 30.00 + 3.95 S&H
http://www.burlesondistributing.com/cgi-bin/eShop/index.cgi?pid=1&cart_id=652016.2031

Other's are cheaper but charge more on the S&H
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / pipefitter books and an electricians conduit bending guide