Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lincoln arc or Miller ?
- - By DJ Date 02-05-2002 02:49
I have heard good things about the new Miller Big Blues in how good they weld and how reliable they are. I ask because I am looking for a truck mounted diesel for pipe welding and fabrication. I want to buy the right machine the first time. What have you heard or experienced. Thanks.
Parent - By Michael Sherman (***) Date 02-05-2002 11:31
DJ, I own 14 welders, about half Lincoln and the other half Miller. I honestly cannot suggest one over the other as far as the gas drives go. Now inverters, I like the Miller. I know this doesn't exactly answer your question, but consider your options when it comes to service and accessories for the machine you choose. I would never buy a machine I could not get serviced locally and the accessories may help make up your mind. Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
Mike Sherman
Shermans Welding
Parent - By Mike Brace (**) Date 02-11-2002 12:57
DJ: You can take this for what it's worth. I work for Miller where we build the Industrial and Performance engine drives. We have made great strides in arc performance in the last couple of years. This is the area where Lincoln has always kicked our ass. The New Big Blues with ARC DRIVE I have been told by long time Lincoln users is at least as good if not better than anything that Lincoln has built in the last 20 years. They said this to me after they welded with our machines on pipe. As to reliability the Big Blues have the lowest warrenty of any machine we build. Our circuit board is in a seald vault that is air tight. Our warrenty on the Vault is less that 1/2 of 1 percent. This may sound like we are bragging but like a man once said if it is the truth it's not bragging. I hope this helps!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lincoln arc or Miller ?