Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Lawyers, guns and money. . .well mostly guns!!!
- - By vagabond (***) Date 04-20-2009 01:04
I'm thinking seriously about investing some of this years tax return in a Panther LR-308T by DPMS firearms.  Just wondering if anyone out there has any experience with these or any other .308 caliber semi-autos they would recommend, other than an HK91 which is a little out of my price range. 
Parent - By pypLynr (***) Date 04-20-2009 01:53
My buddy has a Armalite  .308 AR15 . I've played with it and its sweet . Don't forget your ear plugs ! Its easy to find ammo and whatever you shoot ... you don't have to chase it !  LOL
Parent - By jrod (**) Date 04-20-2009 03:00
I've got a remington R-25 in 308 that I really like. Its just like a dpms just says remington on it
Parent - By OBrien (***) Date 04-20-2009 03:47
I got a bushmaster m-4 works great and shoots really tight groups.
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 04-20-2009 13:55
the DPMS panther is a good one, but I have sold mine due to unavailability of spare parts. For my purposes, the FN FAL is the best option. There are several variants of it such as the springfield SAR 4800 etc, but in all, there are enough of them out there that long term storage/shooting servicability are addressed. My opinion is that if you can't get parts, it's not worth having. No matter how tough a firearm is, they are all suceptable to breakage. Some are more durable than others such as the FN or glocks, but at the end of the day, the right corrosion or impact conditions can break any of them.

It's never going to be as good as it is today again when it comes to parts and firearms availability. Every firearm I have has a complete set of spare parts with the sole exception of the receiver for that reason. If you are still legal to shoot these firearms in 10 years, I seriously doubt you will be legal to buy parts or the firearm in the same time frame.

Regards,
Gerald
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Lawyers, guns and money. . .well mostly guns!!!