Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / home made water coolers!
- - By smooth24 Date 04-20-2009 07:24
I posted a question on here a while ago about welding machine recommendations and got a lot of help. Well I just scooped up a nice little Miller 300xmt for a decent price. I am just buying all the leads now. I would like to get a water cooled TIG torch but they are pretty expensive. While I was searching the web for welding machines I ran across someone who was selling a lincoln with a home made water cooling unit. How do you make something like this? I realize it will not last nor work as good as a genuine water cooler but I will not be using this machine 24/7 either. Any suggestions?
Parent - By 522029 (***) Date 04-20-2009 20:45
There is a current thread about home-made water coolers on the Miller forum.
You might try there for some ideas.

Griff
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 04-21-2009 02:43
  You can use any small pump that will make 30-50 PSI. The Lincoln unit uses one that looks like a popular brand camper water system pump, but 120VAC and continuous duty. You can use a large quantity of water or a cooling coil from an air conditionar and a fan.

For a really low buck operation, just use tap water and run the discharge to a drain. It is better if the machine has a water selanoid valve if You are in humid conditions. Yours might be too new for that.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / home made water coolers!