Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Unions
- - By Tim655 (*) Date 04-24-2009 16:40
How many pipe fitters/ welders unions are there for pipe line? and where are they all located??
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 04-24-2009 17:51
Local 798 in Tulsa.
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 04-24-2009 18:34
It depends. As Bryon posted 798 in Tulsa is the primary Long Line local. Although some Steamfitter locals have shared agreements wherein the Long Line is half manned by the steamfitters and half manned by 798. Sometimes the Short Lines are exclusively the Steamfitters locals. Or at least thats the way it was a few moons ago when I was kickin around in that work.
The local I originated in had a shared agreement with 798.
Parent - - By 250pipeliner (**) Date 04-25-2009 00:25
Steamfitters local250 in Los Angeles has jurisdiction for all southern California, shortline and longlines(mainline) including all stations(compressor, heater,etc.). 798's jurisdiction extends to most of the country but the states that do have thier own jurisdiction often have it for mainlines aswell. but most steamfitter/pipefitter locals dont have the welders to man these jobs. also, a mainline can kickoff in 798's jurisdiction and end up in another locals jurisdiction and still 798 will control all that work due to the fact that the perponderance(majority) of the work started with them so that it is theirs to do. national mainline agreements can pertain to any local that has the work.
Parent - - By pypLynr (***) Date 04-25-2009 01:08
As far as I know , 798 IS the only true pipeline local . My pipefitters & plumbers local has an agreement with them also .
Parent - By 250pipeliner (**) Date 04-25-2009 01:38
that is correct. they are only pipeline welders and fitters. but my local does have its own pipeline jurisdiction in SoCal. the only arrangement we would have with 798 is to take travelers if we cannot man a job with our welders or welders from our sister locals in northern cali. we take them first on the job then 798. but a company can call welders by name to a job from 798. we are a straightline steamfitter/refridgeration local with pipeline jurisdiction.
Parent - - By tighand430 (***) Date 04-25-2009 03:22
As said before, 798 is the only straight pipeline local, but there are building trade local who kept their own jurisdiction. 597 in Chicago has all pipeline in IL. 601 in Milwaukee has all pipeline in WI. 25 in Rock Island has distribution for IA. Califonia has 250 in LA and I think Bakerfield an a couple other locals take care of all pipeline there. 260 in Portland has OR jurisdiction. Washington has a couple locals that take care of the state. 533 in St. Louis takes care of MO but they will dispatch out of 798 if they don't have enough hands at the time. Anchorage an Fairbanks take care of AK an I think Jersey still has their own. Hey 250, heard of anything happenin with that 16" in SoCal yet?
Parent - By 250pipeliner (**) Date 04-25-2009 04:43
sorry bud i passed out for a little bit. kinder morgen 16" pipeline to las vegas, nv. from colton, ca. supposedly set to kickoff this time next year. but i just took the kinder morgan test bout 2 weeks ago and the inspector told me that the permits are all in order but the money is tied up.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Unions