Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Miller Guys
- - By Douglas Main (*) Date 04-27-2009 03:50
I believe that the RHC-3 and RHC-14 are similar remotes. Is this correct? Found a RHC-3 cheap and hoping theyre the same. And while Im at it will an RHC-3 fit my PipePro even if the -3 and -14 are not congruent. I know a -14 will. Thank You
                                                                    D. Main
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 04-27-2009 04:16 Edited 04-27-2009 04:24
The RHC-3 has a 15 ohm rheostat. the RHC-14 has a 1,000 ohm pot [similar to a rheostat]. They are not interchangable. You need the -14.

You could order a replacement pot for a -14 and put that in the -3 housing, then You would have what You need.
Parent - By Douglas Main (*) Date 04-27-2009 15:31
Thanks for the info Dave really appreciate the help.
Parent - By TRC (***) Date 04-27-2009 16:43
Hey Dave, I did get the pot we were talking about and wired it up by bridging the center to the post on the left. I have put about 40hrs on it so far without any problems. Thanks- Ted
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 04-27-2009 23:33
Hey Dave, Have a Miller 350D Pro and want to hook up a LN-7 wirefeeder to it useing the 14 pin plug, tried the 14 pin remote from my Lincolns but it just doesn't line up correctly ,does Miller make an adapter plug or will I need to send it in to a repair shop to get it rigged properly. Thanks ahead of time for any info. PS GO STEELERS AND PENS.
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 04-28-2009 00:44
Get a Lincoln, cheer for the Cowboys. Life will treat you better.
Dang, after reading again, I see you have Lincolns. Just work on your team of choice and things should go your way.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 04-28-2009 01:30
Have to go with Rick on this one, GET A LINCOLN. Then the 14 pin connector will work
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 04-30-2009 00:31
Cactus, you know him better than me, is Rick always a DELUSIONAL SMART ARSE . GO STEELERS AND PENS
Parent - By rick harnish (***) Date 05-01-2009 01:39
LOL!!!!
Parent - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 04-30-2009 00:28
Hey Rick, Thanks for pilin'on (typ. of a wowboy fan) I think your diesel needs another can of additive. REMEMBER don't say or do anything to Cactus till after you pass the test and start workin' a couple hours. LOL By the way do you have a hockey team down there or is it enough to just have a couple sucky football teams to cheer for? GO STEELERS in the hunt for #7 AND PENS looking for Lord Stanley.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 04-28-2009 03:09
The 14 pin on a Miller is different from a 14 pin Lincoln. There is a 115 VAC output and a contact closure contactor pair in the Miller 14 pin. If Your feeder has voltage control, You will need to change the pot from 10K ohms to 1K ohms., or just not use it, and set at the machine, or with a Miller remote

On the Lincoln, the contactor is pins C & D on the 14 pin and the 115VAC is pins J & A. You need to set up the feeder to close the C & D circut, it is probably able to feed115 VAC to the contactor on older shop machines.

On Your Miller 14 pin Pins A & B are connected to close the contactor. C, D & E are remote voltage control with a 1,000 ohm pot.  I & J are 115VAC K is chassis common [ground].

Here is Yoyr Miller manual: http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o4413k_mil.pdf It doesn't show much.
There is a better chart in section . 5-11 in the 302 manual: http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o4426y_mil.pdf

As You noted the plugs are different, good thing, as tha available circuts differ.
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 05-31-2009 22:16
Hey Dave, Did a little digging and a company named PROFAX kept popping up. Looked at their website but not alot of info. Anyway one of the local suppliers deals with them and ordered a 50' control cable about a week ago for me. Tried it out today and works perfect, supplier says they make all kinds of "crossover" cables for feeders, plasma cutters, etc. Just thought you might have a use for this kind of info.  PS. GO SIXBURGH STEELERS on the hunt for #7. & PENS in the" dance" for LORD STANLEY.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 06-01-2009 03:06
Profax is an interesting company. Thier claim to fame is that they are selling parts to help You keep Your older stuff running, rather than trying to sell all new stuff. I have never dealt with them directly, but I do have one of their "Airco 20-E " type spool guns.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Miller Guys