Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Safety / OSHA arrives as wall collapses
- - By Metarinka (****) Date 04-28-2009 17:51
http://www.break.com/index/osha-shows-up-as-wall-collapses.html

interesting find
Parent - By swsweld (****) Date 04-29-2009 02:46
Good video Metarinka. Even in the video the soil looked unstable. OSHA's first question - "who's in charge today?" Looking for the competent person. With that responsibility comes liability if an accident or fatality occurs.

I wonder what the fine was. I got my first OSHA fine last year for having an oxygen bottle in a rack with acetylene bottles. $1500.00 The other citation I challenged and won. OSHA.  Can't live with em, can't live without em.
Parent - By gndchuck (**) Date 04-29-2009 12:32
Interesting vid.....there was a job a couple of years ago where I was the supervisor, the company man asked why we weren't diving.  Well, you the plus 10 level keeps disappearing everytime a wave comes by, that and the wind is blowing 50 knots.  His response was well the weather report that I have says it's only 1 - 2 foot seas and no wind right now.  One other time in the shop when I was teaching a class, a few of the safety guys came out and busted my chops about oxygen bottles in a rack.  Said that it was unsafe, I asked them then where do you suggest that I store them, they didn't have an answer.  Then the next busting chops question was, if why were we training on underwater burning for since it was so dangerous.  After 3 hours of trying to explain how to minimize the hazards, and them not really listening or understanding, I gave up and walked away.

Charles Welch
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Safety / OSHA arrives as wall collapses