Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Swine Flu
- - By johnnyh (***) Date 04-28-2009 19:39
I don't want it.
Parent - - By hogan (****) Date 04-28-2009 21:44
This was know by Obama to be the only way the US could be forced into accepting government health care.

(Beat you to it js55)
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 04-28-2009 22:15
Damn, I almost spit beer all over my laptop!!
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 04-29-2009 01:47
I knew you would come around sooner than later :)

So you are saying Obama took the virus down to Mexico and spread it on his recent trip there. Or am I reading too much into your comment?
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 04-29-2009 01:55
I will neither confirm or deny that statement. I can say he asked Congress today for 1.5 BILLION more taxpayer dollars to battle the problem current or forthcoming.
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 04-29-2009 03:59
What's a couple of Billion amongst friends?

Also today Arlen Spector the defector switched to the democratic party. One more dem in the senate (Al Franken) and asking the senate will just be a formality.
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 04-29-2009 13:27
And about the Arlen Spector thing, when one Republican was asked about the switch he answered, "I thought he already was a Democrat." Spector is in fact a very left leaning Republican. In other words, it won't change a thing. He'll be voting as he has voted all along. Nothing changes but the letter after his name.
Besides, he may not be around very long. The reason he changed was to stay alive because he is 25 points behind in the poles pertaining to the next primary. He had to switch to the Crats to even have a shot at staying in office.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 04-29-2009 05:51
he's always asking for a hand out for something
Parent - By fbrieden (***) Date 04-29-2009 12:35
I have mad desire to make love in the mud!
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 04-29-2009 13:22
What bothers me the most about all of this is that there are two readily available remedies for this flu. And thats just the ones Iknow of. And still all we get is this appalingly irresponsible panic mongering. There were recently two suspected deaths in the US from this flu. 2 out of 300 million people. You get more deaths than that on hot friday night in Detroit City.
1 of them has already been denied as swine flu and the second is being listed as suspect.
Every single death by this flu is avoidable. And the government already has millions of doses of Tamiflu available which is one of the primary remedies.
It sickens me to listen to the media trying to whoop us all up into a frenzy of fear. But a President with an ambitious agenda will not let such an opportunity slip away.
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 04-29-2009 13:30
What bothers me about the media is this.  Back in the day it used to be guys just reporting the news.  Now we have so many 24 hour news stations and they are all in a corporate battle for control of viewers and the advertising revenue that comes with them.  So they all glamorize and sensationalize anything to be the "best".

Parent - - By dmilesdot (**) Date 04-29-2009 13:48
John Mayer said it best in one of his songs.  "When you own the information, you can twist it any way you want."
Parent - By slagline 3 (**) Date 04-29-2009 16:28
Amen to that brother, I live in a ranching area of southeastern Texas and have most all my life. I spend a lot of time at the sale barns and the like, cattle seminars and anything
that has to do with the AG industry and is a real concern to me any many others like me. Never have I heard so many guys my age and older being so down right mad about how
the EPA and others like em are getting into our business. My county agent was at our local cafe, told me my cows were a major source of Nitogen and Phosphorus and that my operation was contaminating the ground water that we all drink from. So now all you science buffs are gonna say those are nutrients what's the big deal. My local government
has twisted that into "I'm feeding the bacteria in the ground water" go figure!
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 04-29-2009 14:02 Edited 04-29-2009 14:05
The attention by the media over this flu is just another tool to push the new world order. I have herd that this may result in the creation of a world CDC, and ive herd that the American surplus of medicine from our privet healthcare system could and should be divided through out the world.
(So get ready to beg for medicine when we socialize our healthcare)
mdk
Parent - - By swnorris (****) Date 04-29-2009 16:58
This is serious business. My daughter woke up this morning with her hair in pigtails. Should we be worried?
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 04-29-2009 18:12
Is her skin pink??
Parent - - By swnorris (****) Date 04-29-2009 18:16
It was, until we rubbed some oinkment on her.
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 04-29-2009 19:19
Last year it was the Bird Flu. I swear I saw Rick grow feathers after a safety meeting one night.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 04-29-2009 19:27
LOL, she should be alright as long as you don't wrap her up in a blanket. :-)
Parent - By swnorris (****) Date 04-29-2009 19:29
Cactus,

Last year they said that because of the bird flu, the bird was the most dangerous creature on earth.  This year, because of the swine flu, they're saying that the pig is the most dangerous creature on earth.  I guess they've never seen a shark, riding on an elephant's back, just trampling and eating the hell out of everything they see.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Swine Flu