Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / 1967 LINCOLN SA-200 REDFACE WELDER FOR SALE
- - By lincolnbobekin (**) Date 05-08-2009 23:39 Edited 05-09-2009 09:48
Call Oscar at 817-929-8560 for info----Pictures are posted on www.lincolnbobekin.com
Parent - - By lincolnbobekin (**) Date 05-08-2009 23:41
[deleted]
Parent - - By snuffman (***) Date 05-09-2009 01:36
I'm not interested but everyone is going to ask how much.
Parent - - By lincolnbobekin (**) Date 05-09-2009 02:30
[deleted]
Parent - - By pipeliner 798 (**) Date 05-09-2009 02:48
ron why want you call me back or reply to my e-mail? are you that ashamed of your work? just in case your not sure its charlie strickland
Parent - - By lincolnbobekin (**) Date 05-09-2009 09:52
Charlie-I will call you on Sunday
Parent - - By pipeliner 798 (**) Date 05-11-2009 00:40 Edited 05-11-2009 00:52
well ron its late sunday evening and you still havent called, but i didnt expect you to, you havent returnd a call or answerd an e-mail in almost two months. if anyone is planning on doing business with ron at lincolnbobekin.com be very very carefull if your expecting quality work this is not the place to go, yes his machines look very good in pictures, and mine does too but when he finally shipped it back to me 9 or 10 months after sending it to him (suppose to be 6 to 8 weeks) and $8500.00 dollars later, i got sick at my gut. and yes i explained to him what this machine meant to me and the quality that i wanted. (this was not a basket case this welder came off the back of my truck it had been on the r.o.w for years) now i have to have it repainted, the paint is unbelievable looks like he washed it off and sprayed it with a rattle can and then scratched it to bare metal trying to put a stainless hood on that doesnt fit right, the hood and doors are all stainless and he installed black carbon bolts now there is rust stains on the hood and doors, it runs high idle only , carb floods, i have to put latches on doors (ron has bunji straps holding doors shut) the fan shroud was bent for fan clearance instead of cut, the rewiring was suppose to be real clean, neat, and in shrink tubes, ect. some of it is and some isnt.  the list keeps going and i havent even hooked leads to it yet, and i know some things will or should be fairly easy fixes but who wants to pay that much then still have to work on it. i didnt want to bring the drama to this forum but thought everyone should know. i edited this to say that a pic of this machine is on the thread " cutting down a sa 200 "
Parent - By 63 Max (***) Date 05-11-2009 00:52
I dont know Ron or Pipeliner 798 but I have alot of Respect for Pipeliner 798 for not just bashing someone even tho it sounds like he has just cause to do so. Not sure I would have that much patiance with someone who screwed me like that. This is a real shame when you put that much cash into a machine, you would expect it to look and run better then new. Sounds like you need to talk to an attorney and persue it through the courts if he doesn't plan on making it right with you. Good Luck
Parent - By lincolnbobekin (**) Date 05-11-2009 02:09
Charlie-I called you at 9 pm sunday- no answer
Parent - - By lincolnbobekin (**) Date 05-11-2009 05:02
I called you and you didnt answer-do you realize how proud we are of the machine and we appreciate the fact that you paid for your machine-do you know that?  Because you were a man of your word-I gave you free labor for a year from the date that you recieved your welder.We were getting so many calls about people wanting a machine like yours-that we had to stop taking calls for awhile.
Thats why I said e-mail me. What you may believe is a piece of crud because maybe your picture in your mind of what great is -maybe different than mine.I am not saying either one of us is wrong-its a matter of the eye of the beholder.
About the mechanical problems-they didnt exist when the machine left the shop.
You have a free labor by me at my shop for a year from you recieving it-I paid the shipping to you also -almost 600 bucks

It is our first 3 1/2 cut down Lincoln sa-200---they dont come with a manual to build-It is also the maker of the hood and doors first experience with hoods and doors and my first time to assemble a polished hood with doors
Everything has room for improvement.
I havent seen a prettier cut down yet.
Parent - By pipeliner 798 (**) Date 05-11-2009 10:59 Edited 05-11-2009 22:13
Ron yes you finally called, but your nine is my ten, I'm in Ohio right now and you know this. That's past my bedtime and not a goodtime to return customers calls. Not answering the phone is one thing but not returning messages or emails is another. Yes beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but iv got about 25 to 30 other welders that has seen the welder and most all there reactions were the same "man you got screwed". how could you be proud of this welder? I told you at Christmas the hood wasn't right, also I gave you a number for a man in south east Texas that builds hoods and doors and he knows how he's not trying to learn. I will call you today, if you happin to call and I don't answer I'm probobly in the ditch making a weld, and I don't carry my phone in there. A good time to call would be from 5 to about 8 Ohio time. And you paid shipping because it wasn't ready after I drove about 7 hours to get it, remember when you didn't bother to tell me it wasn't ready, all you wanted was your money in cash. That's why you paid for shipping, don't act like you was just being a good guy. And on top of all this, your exact words to me when I first called you was " it will be perfect, even better than Lincoln could do". and how am i supose to get free labor done when you will not return calls or emails? i hope you call tonight so we can talk.
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 05-14-2009 20:05
I sent a machine to Wyoming and after arriving  the owner let me know it needed carb and idler rework, so our shop paid shipping to get it back to our shop for warranty repairs. However our shop gets a 75% discount from the freight company, so freight is $240 one way.. Some problems happen while in transport, other things I can't explain. There are inherent problems with choppin a machine, thats why I will advise you not to do it. Its easier to recess the machine into your bed..
Parent - - By pipeliner 798 (**) Date 05-21-2009 02:31
ksellon, i have the most respect for any and everything you say, and i kick myself in the butt for not sending this machine to you. i called and talked to yall last year but as you stated yall would not chop it, and its already sitting on the frame of my truck, but i wanted a few more inches mostly for looks but also so i can use the rearview mirror. anyway none of the problems with it has to do with it being chopped, there ALL the lack of quality and craftsmanship (and common sense) of the man that did the work, ive stated some of the problems but heres some that i found yesterday when i hooked leads to it, the leads from the gen to the selector switch are mixed up and i dont believe the rpm's are right at high idle, the hood isnt right when i set it on my truck you can see the gap diffrence at the bottom of the door from one end to the other but i knew it would be, i told him at christmas the hood was wrong it was pulled down to the L brackets on the gen end and had about 3/4 inch gap from the L brackets on radiator end (as it should) but its only money ill pay somebody else to fix everything and have another hood built, its been an expensive lesson but its one ill never make again. but i do have a question for you, were can i get door latches, do yall have them? the bunji cord latches that are on it look a little silly and one has already broke, thanks k
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 05-21-2009 20:16
I'll tell you what-- I'll pay shipping to my location and get you fixed up.. I have OEM latches and "jeep" style latches in stock-- let me know what I can do for you..
Kaye
Parent - By pipeliner 798 (**) Date 05-22-2009 02:21
Kaye, I'll call you on Friday and go over it , thanks
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 05-09-2009 05:12
thats not a 67 machine 65 maybe but not a 67 they didnt make a 2 piece front panel in 67
Parent - - By Nitesky (**) Date 05-09-2009 12:27
I think 1968 was the year the two-piece front panel was discontinued. :)
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 05-09-2009 22:28
i have a 67 with a one piece front panel and just sold another 67 2 months ago with a 1 piece panel and the 68 i had was a 1 piece
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 05-09-2009 20:42
That's a sharp looking 56 shorthood on your site, just wanted to add that.
Parent - By lincolnbobekin (**) Date 05-11-2009 05:07
cumminsguy71-thanks I appreciate it-  you dont have any of those little diesels that go in those welders do you?
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / 1967 LINCOLN SA-200 REDFACE WELDER FOR SALE