Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Information on Correct fitting of a Soc-O-Let or Weld-O-Let
- - By liftedpowerstro (*) Date 05-14-2009 17:38
I'm trying to find the correct (Code) to fitting Weld-o-lets and soc-o-lets....We follow B31.3 at this facility...I've looked throught Section 9 and B31.3 and haven't found anything (unless I've overlooked it) on the correct way to fit a WOL or SOL....
Any help is appreciated..
Thanks,
Liftedpowerstroke
Parent - By MBSims (****) Date 05-14-2009 22:06
Here is a link to the catalog with installation instructions:

http://www.bonneyforge.com/OletCat.PDF

Installation instructions start on page 34.
Parent - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 05-15-2009 15:05 Edited 05-15-2009 15:08
Weld-o-lets and Sock-o-lets (both are brand names owned by Bonney Forge and can't be used without their permission) are not covered by any code, but their use isn't precluded by those codes, and so you can use them in confidence. The correct way of referring to them without infringing any brand name is "welding outlet" and "socket outlet".
Mr. Sims has been of great service to you putting the Bonney Forge catalog at your disposal.
Fine, MB! I've printed the catalog and included it in my personal library.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil        
Parent - By dlmann (**) Date 05-16-2009 00:06
For your socket welds look at ASME B31.3 2006, Para 328.5.2 Fillet and Socket Welds and Fig. 328.5.2C, Minimum Welding Dimensions for Socket Welding Components Other Than Flanges.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Information on Correct fitting of a Soc-O-Let or Weld-O-Let