Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / NRA...Phoenix...Fantastic
- - By welderbrent (*****) Date 05-18-2009 21:02
This past weekend amounted to a very incredible time.

The gun show had more displays and such variety that anyone with even a slight gun interest could find something to look at.  Clothing, collectibles- old and new, 50 cals, hunting guns of all kinds, self defense weaponry, camping/hunting gear, training organizations, outfitters, samples of various products, knives, flashlights, etc, etc.

The seminars had so much information and were led by very knowledgeable personnel that knew how to hold your attention, make you laugh, and teach you some very important and usable information.  Members meetings and voting.

Special speakers to make your head spin. Secret Service was not one bit SECRET!!  They were everywhere.  McCain, Ollie North, Judges, Senators, Representatives, Actors, other recognizable personalities.

Took a friend who is a disabled vet with my sons and I and had a great time.  Hope some of the rest of you got to take advantage of this opportunity.  If not,  TRY HARD TO SEE ONE IF THEY GET ANYWHERE CLOSE TO YOU!!!

Only drawback I had was bouncing back and forth to the hospital.  We became grandparents again, but with the first baby girl in the family and they were at a Phoenix area hospital.  Gun shows are great, But Family Comes First Every Time!!  Got to do both.

ONE FANTASTIC WEEKEND!!

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 05-18-2009 21:10
Brent,
  Please pass on my congratulations to the family on the new addition! :-) Glad to hear you all had a good time at the gun show as well.

jrw159
Parent - By lonestarwelder7 (**) Date 05-19-2009 03:51
congrats!!!!!! and glad you had  a good time...

ps... for the ones that want to join the  NRA but are strapped for cash...

FREE NRA one year Membership

https://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/accept-membership.asp

Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 05-23-2009 23:43
did they sell any of these signs?
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 05-24-2009 02:43
I'll have to keep that sign in mind. Can't use it in my area though. All my neighbors are armed more than I am. It would be a very very very bad mistake for a theif/crook/rogue to get the wrong idea in this area.
Parent - - By PlasmaHead2 (***) Date 05-25-2009 14:49
Where do you live, sounds like a nice area to be in...
From what ive seen you mention on the forums you have a sizeable collection on your own, and your telling me your neighbors have even more?
New York is not the state to have a gun collection.
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 05-25-2009 15:38
Eastern Tn. I've always believed accuracy is more important than quanity. Therefore what I have is no where near the quanity of others around me.
Some in this county have 100 or more, some 10 or less, nearly all have at least one, but the number is not as important as ability to use them.
Parent - - By PlasmaHead2 (***) Date 05-25-2009 16:25
"The patron state of shooting stuff" - Bob Lee Swager ;)
I'll keep Tn. in mind for when I escape the cold, snowy land of NY.
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 05-25-2009 18:06
Remember, Arkantenn (everywhere nashville and west of nashville) generally isn't claimed by those of us east of nashville.
Parent - - By lonestarwelder7 (**) Date 05-24-2009 03:21
The one in Forth Worth had this one when you walked in the door and at the NRA booth.
Attachment: firearms-salesman.jpg (0B)
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 05-27-2009 15:40
I haven't seen the 'unarmed neighbor' sign but the top salesman poster is abundant everywhere.

There was one guy walking around the main floor with a white hat that read "Obama".  Nothing else.  He either had a different reason for wearing it or was really stupid.  The disabled veteran that I took with me looked at this guy and said "That takes a lot of guts!"  Don't know if it took guts or was just lack of brains.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / NRA...Phoenix...Fantastic