Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / California Water Transmision Line Work
- - By yojimbo (***) Date 05-22-2009 00:33
Heard there was going to be some large bore water transmission line work in N. California, possibly Bay area.  I'm looking for leads to the welding contractors.  It might be connected with the Ironhors project , but not sure.  Anyone with information?
Parent - By tnhnt (***) Date 05-22-2009 06:07
I heard that PCL has a big job up in the San fran area. Doing a water treatment plant with all the big bore pipe in it. 72" and larger... I believe Deans Welding out of Southern california got the welding on it...
Parent - - By tnhnt (***) Date 05-22-2009 06:07
What is the Iron Horse Project?
Parent - By yojimbo (***) Date 05-22-2009 16:23
Iron Horse project is what I heard the waste water plant was being called in the E. Bay area.  That was from a couple of estimators with Auburn Constructors and Western Water inc.  Likely to be the same job you mentioned.  Any idea what Dean's paying and do you know how the welding subs are paying joint prices for guys w/out Ca. licenses?  I'm hearing they pay prevailing wage plus rig/unfurnished and equal it out in hours to make it the same as joint pay.  A little tricky on certified payroll.  Are the unlicensed welders making the same more or less?  Feel free to PM me if you want.  Thanks.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / California Water Transmision Line Work