Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / How to induce vomiting (it's a welding video...)
- - By PlasmaHead2 (***) Date 05-28-2009 14:59
Just watch this video of someone failing to realize that they can not weld and have NO business trying to teach others by ANY means.
This is what is wrong with the internet. Im still in a mild form of shock over watching that...
I feel sorry for Lincoln because one of their machines was used in this abortion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us7VDZT-NcQ&feature=related
Parent - By bigrod (**) Date 05-28-2009 15:54
lol "a spotty spot"   this tool is a gizmo
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 05-28-2009 16:25
He needs to brush up on a few of his welding terms..LOL
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 05-28-2009 16:52
I think I want to find this mother****er and cut his fuc*ing arms off with a sawzall. 

Maybe my wife is right, I do have anger problems.  But nevertheless he should be banned from ever touching a welding machine again, even that piece of crap that he was using.  SOB, the puffer said "nubbin" when referring to wire stickout.  Are you kidding me, "nubbin"!!!  What the F is a "nubbin". 

Ok, Bryon......deep breaths, deep breaths.  Nope it didn't help.  :-(
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 05-28-2009 18:23 Edited 05-28-2009 18:25
[deleted]
Parent - - By ibeweldingsum (***) Date 05-28-2009 18:34
OMG!!! What the F***!!! this guy is gonna mess up a whole lot of honest people trying to learn actual welding procedures!! WOW!!! he does need his arms cut off with a sawzall LOL!!
Parent - By johnnyh (***) Date 05-28-2009 20:48
No he's not.  Most "honest" people have more sense than to believe this is for training.  I am impressed he didnt start laughing.  The guy who edited the video is pretty sharp.
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 05-28-2009 20:59
Its all fun and games untill you say, "Nubbin".  That's when the gloves come off.  :-)
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 05-28-2009 23:30
Bryon I bet you posted a "nubbin" comment did'nt you! :-)

I had to comment on that one, heck if he ran a decent pass maybe I could let the lack of knowledge thing go. I like to call what he did condor welds, cause it looks like a condor flew over and took a ________!!

Did he even have a cup on that gun? I saw him cut the wire off and then right at it and thought....did he have a cup on that? If not maybe it's cause he did'nt want the spatter from the flux stickin to it.

Watchin' him run that short bit looks like he was looking to get a fix with the way his hand was shaking. Could have made a great milkshake!!
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 05-28-2009 23:40
Hello Shawn, before you get too deep on the cup issue, he was running self-shielded flux-core wire. NOW....... we don't know if he had the machine set to the correct polarity though. Best regards, Allan
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 05-29-2009 02:12
It brings a whole new realization to the old "Just do a search for it" answer. This is whats out there for the newcomers to our profession. Thank goodness after a few views they added the "NOT" to the title.

jrw159
Parent - - By Shooter71 (**) Date 05-29-2009 02:56
"And just grind it off and you're done"
Parent - By bbwinc (**) Date 05-29-2009 11:18
That comment is funny!!!!! He better be careful to not grind that huge weld right off
Parent - By rigchaser85 (**) Date 05-29-2009 02:59
Wow! My wife even got a kick out of that.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 05-29-2009 09:53
Oh yeah I knew he was running the flux core but I use the cup even with that to keep that spattering garbage off my nozzle....or at least try to. Just have not seen it done without the cup regardless in my experience with the mig.
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 05-29-2009 14:58
Hello again Shawn, yes, I was just pullin on your chain a bit. I figured this thread was an example of some chain pullin. I did get a good chuckle out of the "technical information" and "operator finesse" displayed by the gentleman in the video. I give him credit for at least using safety glasses, the rest of his safety regimen was slightly lacking, however. Well, have a great day and best regards, Allan
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 05-29-2009 15:03
Allan,
  It looks to me that he is wearing perscription glasses with no side shields. Not sure about it though.

jrw159
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 05-30-2009 11:11
What fun would life be if we did'nt do some chain pullin Allan, no problems here.
Parent - - By PlasmaHead2 (***) Date 05-29-2009 13:29
Wow, That bad Al? ;)
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 05-29-2009 17:42
I removed my reply when I went back to the video and saw one of the responses there was nearly word for word as mine. I didn't want to appear to be plagiarizing his comments.

Best regards - Al
Parent - By FixaLinc (****) Date 05-29-2009 05:23
That nubbin be rubbin Bryon the wrong way ? lol  That guy is only right handed ?  He would be SOL and couldn't weld no more if got his right fingers smashed ouch ? lol.  The guy spends more time brushing his hands off and flapping about a shield than welding must be a dirty job?  
Parent - - By PlasmaHead2 (***) Date 05-29-2009 13:46
Byron,
Good to know I'm not the only one who wants to hurt this person. ;) :)
I watched the video and all I could think about was how I wanted to take the piece of scrap he made and beat him over the head with it until it snaps...

"* BASH, BASH, SNAP!* Not so strong of a weld was it buddy! DO IT RIGHT UNTIL IT DOESNT BREAK ON YOUR HEAD!!!! Awww you’re bleeding?? TOO F@*$in BAD! THIS IS THE PROPER STICK OUT! *BASH* - excerpts of what was running through my head...

I'm not a fan of the self shielded small Dia. flux core wires, but I KNOW that you can fight in a decent bead if things are set Ok. May only be good on metal up to 1/16 thick but it works. I have a $75 "Hair Dryer" wire spitting welder, you know the kind with a "high" and "low" 2 position switch for the heat settings, and on nice thin gauge metal I’ve made it lay down a nice solid bead. It takes a 5 inch grinder with a stiff wire wheel to get the nasty flux off of the weld, but there is a nice bead under it.
Oh, it may sound like I’m defending the machine, but I’m not. I consider any wire spitter from Home Defect or Lowes to be a joke. The only reason I have mine is because I got it at a garage sale for cheap. If you going to GMAW, get a real machine.

Gee... maybe I AM an angry person...
Or I just can’t stand profound stupidity.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 05-29-2009 19:27
LOL, You are not the "Lone Ranger" when it comes to that, I would bet we could fill a good size room with the people that feel that way. Also I don't think you would get 2 BASHes before that thing snapped. I am pretty sure it would snap after the first BASH and if it did not, well, you ain't BASHING hard enough. :-)
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 05-30-2009 22:03
Darn Plasma, don't hold nothing back! :-) :-) :-) LoL
Parent - - By patg (**) Date 05-29-2009 03:17
wouldnt it be nice to quench a weld every time it got hot.
no more burnt fingers. what an a**
Parent - - By Mat (***) Date 05-29-2009 06:22
I remember watching this when someone posted it on welding web.
I almost deficated myself when I watched it! 

"And the clownshoe award goes too..."

Sad to admit that when I first bought a machine for hobby use, it came with a handshield.  Suffice to say, it's never been used!
Parent - - By Shane Feder (****) Date 05-29-2009 11:47
Guys,
I think some of you need to lighten up and just have a laugh.
It clearly states "How (NOT) to weld with Sean DIY fail"
Anyone who thought that was a serious attempt to show someone how to weld should have a good look at themselves.
Just look at the title "How (NOT) to weld... with the Not in capital letters.
He is either on good drugs, taking the p.ss, or brain dead but nobody could ever accuse him of trying to teach people to weld.
Have a good weekend all,
Shane
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 05-29-2009 12:08
Shane,
  Just FYI, the "NOT" was added about two months after this video was posted. If you look on page three you can see a comment thanking them for changing the title. Also look at the comment to the right “I just recorded it I didn't realize it is a fail in welding.” I beleive that was added later as well.

jrw159
Parent - - By Shane Feder (****) Date 05-29-2009 12:21
Sorry John,
Did not look too deep into it.
But will stand by my statement "He is either on good drugs, taking the p.ss, or brain dead but nobody could ever accuse him of trying to teach people to weld."
Cheers,
Shane
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 05-29-2009 12:26
LOL, I hear ya. I have to lean towards "brain dead" :-)
Parent - - By 522029 (***) Date 05-29-2009 21:48
At least he knew how to wear his hat!

Griff
Parent - - By weldhawk71 (**) Date 06-01-2009 03:37
When I was 15 years old (1986) I told my best friends dad, who was a pipeliner for over 20 years, that i wanted to be a welder, he said, "Welding is the most abused trade out there, because any a$$hole that buys a $100 buz box and sticks two pieces of mild steel together calls themselves a weldor. If you don't understand up here (points to head) what your doing here (points to hand) you not a weldor." This guy is a text book example of a buzz box a$$hole.
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 06-01-2009 03:54
weldhawk71, Your best friends dad must of known my best friends dad, He would always talk about ironworkers welding and said " Theres nothing more dangerous than skill tools in the hands of unskilled labor ". I took his advice to heart because I make #&mn sure every I.W. hand I hire has certs. & is checked out by my pusher. This "tool" in the video might of learned how to set-up a half arse machine and now thinks he's an expert.  PS. Sixburgh STEELERS in the hunt for #7. Go PENS down by 2 but coming home to dance in Sixburgh.
Parent - By flamin (**) Date 06-02-2009 23:55
That was great!!
Parent - - By yesindeed Date 06-05-2009 22:41
If you think that one is funny, you must check out this hilarious  youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgAThGrCV4A They are trying to sell an item, but it is too funny, but after watching, you MUST read all 125+ comments left by real welders. These comments made me split my side laughing.
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 06-05-2009 23:01
I think we need to open up a welding supply store in China.  Does any of those fuc*ers have proper welding hoods.  A big soup bowl with holes cut in the bottom and some sea weed stretched over the openings would at least be something.  Damn.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / How to induce vomiting (it's a welding video...)