Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / cv adaptor
- - By JMCInc (**) Date 06-03-2009 23:51
Looking for leads/info on a cv adaptor that will work with a sa250d. Manual calls for a k384 but I've had no luck in finding info or price on one. Lincoln website is tuff for me to navigate. Thinking about buying the previously mentioned welder so if any one has experience with one of these with a perkins I'm all ears. Know that it runs well and has new brushes however it won't weld because the "little control box" was wired improperly. BTW the little control box is a Miller product because Lincoln's price was outrageous. I know and trust the owner although I'm aware that he may not have any idea what he's talking about.

So I'm starting to dig for info to see if the price he's asking plus parts to get it to weld and run a wire feeder to my satisfaction will be worth it. Any help is appreciated.

Jon
Parent - By welder_Bob (**) Date 06-04-2009 02:13
Weldingsupply.com  has them for $805.20 plus shipping and handling.
Parent - By tazmannusa (**) Date 06-04-2009 02:13
You Should be able to call lincoln to see if its still available, They are pricey, If I remember correctly when I bought mine it was an $1800 option about 10 years ago.
Tom
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 06-04-2009 03:18
Can't help You with the CV adapter, but I doubt the Miller remote is compatible with the Lincoln. I suggest You/He rewire as stock & be sure it welds OK before buying.
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 06-05-2009 23:53
Dave B. Your absolutely correct lincoln and miller remotes DON'T mix, ones 1 ohm & the others 10 ohm found that out when I got the control cable to run D10 PRO with LN-7 feeder ( have to control voltage setting at machine) PS. GO SIXBURGH STEELERS on the hunt for #7 and PENS tied with DETROIT at 2 games each.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 06-06-2009 01:58
That is 1K [1,000] ohm on the Miller machine You have, they are not all the same, and 10K [10,000] ohm for the Lincoln feeder You have in spite of both being 14 pin plugs. Older design machines are different from both of these in both brands. Miller uses 24 volts for low voltage feeders, while Lincoln uses 42. It isn't a plug & play world when Yoy mix brands or new & old gear.
Parent - - By John Smith (*) Date 06-06-2009 13:27
I have a '94 model with factory cv module that i would like to sell; all you would have to do is cut holes for the knobs and plug the wiring harness "Y" on your board. If you are SERIOUSLY INTERESTED, I will get the part number and take pics for you.
Parent - - By JMCInc (**) Date 06-06-2009 15:59
I’m afraid I haven’t given a good explanation here. The machine doesn’t have a CV adapter right now, I’m just trying to find out how much it will cost to get one so I can use my ln-25 with it.

Right now as it sits the welder will run but not weld. The owner attributes this problem to some kind of “control box” that was malfunctioning. He replaced it with a Miller product and when he wired it in, he did it wrong. So the new owner will have to fix this problem before it will even weld.

John S. I’m not ready to take any of your time until I see the welder in person to find out exactly what the heck is wrong with it. If the machine can be easily fixed I’ll be interested. Where in the country are you located? I’m in Montana.

Thanks,
Jon
Parent - By John Smith (*) Date 06-07-2009 00:07
I am in Alabama; the module is about 18" x 10" x 2" and it mounts inside the right side door. The wire speed knob, the female pin connector and the cv/cc toggle switch mount between the range and fine adjustment knobs but you could very well mount it where and how you want. The wiring will be easy also because it will plug right into you wiring harness.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / cv adaptor