Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / excitor housing removal
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 06-05-2009 21:45 Edited 06-05-2009 21:47
Alright, got all the stuff off my welder, looks like a hash brown from the waffle house, scattered, smothered, covered etc. Went to start taking off the excitor housing and recall Kaye saying to use a two jaw puller. Apparently this requires a LARGE two jaw puller to connect to the heavy part of the excitor housing and press against the shaft. I don't happen to have a two jaw puller quite that large, is there some other way? I tried some forcing screws run into the bolt holes and used a nut on the inside to try and put outward pressure on it. Unfortunately you can only torque so much with a 3/4" stubby wrench inside the housing. Also thought about using a large crossbar puller but the 1/4" bolt holes really did'nt look like they were up for the task. Then I got to thinking how I really did not want to destroy something that was gonna be hard to find and replace plus cost lots of $$$$. Already wasted a brush cause it was seized in the socket and had to use a screwdriver to work at it to get it out.

Any ideas or do I just need to wrangle up a large two jaw puller somewhere?
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 06-06-2009 01:50
Ok, never mind got it off. Don't need a puller after all...... :-)
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / excitor housing removal