Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Help adapting a Miller remote control to old Hobart
- - By therrera (*) Date 06-10-2009 19:04 Edited 06-10-2009 19:12
Hi everyone,

I have an old Hobart g-3010 gas drive that I rescued from the scrap pile.  It has a six prong plug on the front panel for a remote control. I recently got a Miller RHC-3 remote rheostat with three prongs.

Has anyone else done this before?  It seems to me that even though the Hobart has six prong plug, only three would be in use (the wire going to the adjustment knob, the one going to the beginning of the rheostat and the one at the end of the rheostat.  I may be wrong.

See pictures attached.  The welder looks rough in the picture, but the dents have been banged out and it is getting a new paint job.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Tony
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 06-11-2009 05:50
That Miller remote has a 15 ohm 150 watt rheostat in it. You need to find out what the rheostat ratings are in the Hobart to see if they are compatible. Most likely they are not, but You need to check. You can change the rheostat in the remote to whatever the Hobart has, provided You can find one. You are right about the 3 wires, but You need the right rheostat.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Help adapting a Miller remote control to old Hobart