Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Stallworth??
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 06-17-2009 14:57
Is it just me or does 30 days in jail, 2 years of "house"(mansion) arrest sound a bit weak for killing a guy because you were boozin' it up and decided that maybe it was a good idea to drive yourself home?? Not like they have not been telling folks for 20 YEARS that drinking + driving = Bad? Why is it that the drunk fool never or rarely dies?? Perhaps a good double leg amputation for this idiot due to the accident would have been good. Then everytime he rolled his wheel chair, watched a ballgame he would think about the guy who never gets to see his family again, kids grow up. Sorry, a bit personal for me. Lost friends to a drunk driver in 87-88, moron hit a car full of students/teacher that were out in the driver education car during school hours. Besides, if it was one of us peasants would we get house arrest after 30 days in county for manslaughter? 

Looks like the Berny Madoff treatment, except ol' Bern just stole a little money. The victim here does not go home anymore at night but is lucky enough to become future worm food. Was it not someone on here that said something about a broken judicial system? At least if the drunk dies in the wreck you can save court costs, legal fees, court appointed attorneys and all that, not to mention one less drunk driver to worry about in the future. Back in the 80's there was an awesome goalie that was up and coming in the NHL, got drunked up one night and ran his Porsche into a brick wall. He never walked, played......breathed again, sucked cause he was good, but stupid is as stupid does and luckily only the brick wall was damaged. Good ending, no lawyer fees defending the guy, wasted court time and no innocent victim....just one dead drunk. As you can tell I have no pitty. 
Parent - - By michael kniolek (***) Date 06-17-2009 23:32
it was all about money, rumor has it he payed out to the family bigtime.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 06-18-2009 10:53
I think now that you mention it I do recall briefly hearing something about a "settlement". Squeeze him til he hurts I guess.
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 06-18-2009 11:47
Pelle Linberg Philadelphia Flyers.  I remember that.  If it was a random guy that was smashed whilst driving and killed Stollworth then you can bet your arse that that guy would get locked up for 20 years.  And not just slapped on the arse and sent home to house (trailer) arrest.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Stallworth??