Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / E71T-8
- - By DGXL (***) Date 03-01-2002 23:09
Would like to ping the forum users regarding the above electrode specification. Anyone who uses or has used FCAW-S with this classification - I would like to hear any feedback, opinions or comments for this electrode.

Personally, I have used Lincoln (NR-232), ESAB (Coreshield 8) and Hobarts' (Fabshield 7018). Each of these have their own distinct operating characteristics. How about the rest of you, do you prefer, recommend, find any of these electrodes easier to use or pass qualification tests?

Comments about other brands with the same AWS classification are welcome.
Parent - By lake (*) Date 03-02-2002 17:04
I FINALLY discovered Esab's Coreshield 8. What an incredible difference from Lincoln's and Hobarts products! I've spent a lot
of money trying different wires and now feel like I can move ahead confidently with Coreshield 8. It runs beautifully, has a huge "sweet spot", is great out of position, and Esab's people are absolutley outstanding to deal with. Couldn't ask for a better product for my money! We use Lincoln SA 250's with CV add-on and LN 22 and 25 wire feeders for outside work and occasionally hook our feeders up to cc power sources in the shop. Seems like the smoke isn't as bad with the Esab wire as well. That's my two cents worth. Hope it helps.
Lake
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / E71T-8