Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Anyone familiar with DRS technologies?
- - By Kix (****) Date 06-23-2009 15:04
Well, I'm heading south, back to St. Louis to work for a company called DRS Marlo Coil.  I sure am going to miss Wisconsin and it's beatiful scenery and climate.  I kind of worry if I'm making a smart move or not with how things are in the economy, but with what they build and the projects they have coming up, I should be ok for awhile.  I know I'm going to be cussing the dam heat and humidity when I get down there, that's for sure.;-)
  This company builds for the NAVY and DOE so I'm glad I will be supporting my country once again.  Maybe I will even bump into a few of you NAVY guys out there in the future.  Especially you submarine guys. You know who you are. lol  I'll keep you guys posted on how things are going and I'm sure I will have loads of questions because I will be working to some new codes.  Codes such as NAVSEA, ASME, and tech pubs, what ever they are.  Well, talk at you all soon.

Kix
Parent - - By flamin (**) Date 06-23-2009 15:35 Edited 06-23-2009 15:38
Our shop has been doing work for DRS Technologies for years. The majority of the work we do for them is machining, but occasionally we'll do some small scale welding or brazing for them. I will say though, they are a great company to do work for, but a tough customer to please. They hold extremely high standards.

Jason
Parent - By Kix (****) Date 06-23-2009 20:12
Yeah, from what it sounds like, the NAVY and Department of energy are super critical of there weldments and they have every reason to be.  So I can see how DRS would be super picky with you guys because their end users are even more picky then they are.;-)  It's deffinetly going to be a learning experience and I'm ready to take it on.  Sounds like I'm going to have to have my A game going for awhile till I get the hang of things. 
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 06-23-2009 18:58
Not familiar with them but best of luck to ya with the new job and scenery.

Hey, Missouri  loses Bryon and gets Kix :)
Parent - - By Kix (****) Date 06-23-2009 20:13
Where did Byron run off to?  Hopefully somwhere a lot cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. lol
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 06-23-2009 21:58
He landed a job near Daytona, Fl. In the worst economy since before the caveman invented the wheel, you have to take what you can get :)
Parent - - By TRC (***) Date 06-23-2009 22:22
Hey Tim, how did the yellow pipe job turn out? Ted
Parent - By swsweld (****) Date 06-28-2009 02:03
Ted,
PM sent
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Anyone familiar with DRS technologies?